Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:54 PM
warkid
Hill Giant

Default Planne of time

was this ever finnished?
as a gm i can zone into time A and time B

but i cant get to the raid mobs etc.....
Old 11-11-2013, 07:59 PM
Dunge0nMastr
Hill Giant

they both work fine, but you have to go through the events per live.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:00 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunge0nMastr View Post
they both work fine, but you have to go through the events per live.
Yes, this is true, mobs aren't just spawned, that'd ruin the point of the event being written.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:04 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Considering I just completely rewrote the PoTimeB quest files in Lua, I would say it works fairly well. There are a few minors things I need to update to make it more live like such as spawning phase 1 and phase 2 exactly like live, but they are generally correct as is.

You have to click in to PoTimeB from PoTimeA in order to get the instance and have the events start. I designed the click in code to account for a single GM toon with >= 80 status to be able to be given the event.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:37 AM
warkid
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorvani View Post
Considering I just completely rewrote the PoTimeB quest files in Lua, I would say it works fairly well. There are a few minors things I need to update to make it more live like such as spawning phase 1 and phase 2 exactly like live, but they are generally correct as is.

You have to click in to PoTimeB from PoTimeA in order to get the instance and have the events start. I designed the click in code to account for a single GM toon with >= 80 status to be able to be given the event.
as i am server dev im have full GM but when i zoned into time B nothing happens i get all the grave stones and thats it

only stone im able to click it the one for pota
Old 11-13-2013, 02:17 PM
Dunge0nMastr
Hill Giant

my scripts a bit different for PoTimeA, but check the player.pl in the potimea folder. That will show you what you need to enter, if you want to remove the checks clear out the parts of the script you dont want (check in raid/guild/group w/e they happen to be on the default one).

you could also get the XYZ of one of the first stage areas and just do a #goto XYZ, and that should start the events as well.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:05 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by warkid View Post
as i am server dev im have full GM but when i zoned into time B nothing happens i get all the grave stones and thats it

only stone im able to click it the one for pota
PoTimeB is an instance. There are 0 mobs in the non-instance version of the zone. Using #zone will send you to the non instance version of the zone at the safe spot which is the graveyard.

The only way to get into the instance is to click on one of the 5 sundials in PoTimeA. You can not use #zone to get into an instance. After the instance is created, you can use #zoneinstance to zone into it, but the act of creating the instance zones you in anyway.
quests\potimea\player.lua handles the creation of the instance.

After zoning in there is a 60ish (depends on client zone time) delay before the invent section you are in will begin.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:24 PM
warkid
Hill Giant

when i lcik the thingy magigs in POTime a nothing happens...
Old 11-21-2013, 02:26 PM
Furniture
Hill Giant

it is possible you don't have lua properly working, check if other .lua scripts work
Old 11-21-2013, 02:48 PM
warkid
Hill Giant

whats best way to check this?
Old 11-21-2013, 03:13 PM
Furniture
Hill Giant

look through your quest folder for an npc script that is a .lua file rather then a .pl file (like potime scripts) and see if it works. Best way to do it is find an npc that can be hailed and is using a lua script
Old 11-21-2013, 11:22 PM
sorvani
Dragon

All of Qeynos is Lua