Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 01-24-2008, 02:12 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Default Changes to corpse rules

With last night's CVS commit (not yet on the downloads page) I made a couple of changes to corpse rules. First, I added the CharactereathItemLossLevel to define when a player will leave items on a corpse. That way, you can define a level for XP loss, and a level for item loss and they no longer need to be the same.

As for the actual LeaveCorpses and LeaveNakedCorpses rules, I adjusted them to allow for more options. So, once the build comes down, they will look like this:

Both rules are true - You will leave a naked corpse up until your DeathItemLossLevel at which point you will leave a corpse with items. (This is the Live like option)

LeaveCorpses true, LeaveNakedCorpses false - You won't leave any corpses up until your itemloss level at which point you will leave a corpse with items. (This is the option for those who want corpses, but don't want their db filled up with naked noob corpses)

LeaveCorpses false, LeaveNakedCorpses true - You will always leave a naked corpse. (DeathItemLossLevel is ignored)

Both rules false - Corpse system is disabled and you will never leave any sort of corpse (this is the default setting if no rule value is set)

This has changed a lot from the current system so I wanted to give you all a heads up, as you will most certainly need to adjust your rule values if you are using the corpse system.

Of course, you can get creative and if you wanted say a system that always leaves corpses with items but never takes XP off the player, then set LeaveCorpses to true, DeathItemLossLevel to 1, and DeathExpLossLevel to a level higher than your server's max, etc. Things like that would be cool on a PVP server.

Last edited by cavedude; 01-24-2008 at 10:18 AM..
Old 02-09-2008, 07:13 AM
KingMort
Banned

Only one problem, not sure if this has already been fixed, but if someone dies in a Dynamic zone, and the zone is empty after that, the corpses rot timer will stay frozen in time.. forever.. and you can't use the Shadowrest mob to get it because it's stuck in a dynamic zone...
Old 02-09-2008, 07:39 AM
WildcardX
Developer

Quote:
Only one problem, not sure if this has already been fixed, but if someone dies in a Dynamic zone, and the zone is empty after that, the corpses rot timer will stay frozen in time.. forever.. and you can't use the Shadowrest mob to get it because it's stuck in a dynamic zone...
This isn't as much a bug in search of a fix. It's just the nature of a dynamic zone. If there isn't at least one player in a dynamic zone, the zone will close.

I agree that its inconvenient, but it is how a dynamic zone operates.

Quote:
If it's not on IRC, it ain't l33t!
Old 02-09-2008, 07:48 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

actuly there may by more problem to it.
last night my lev 1 char got killed in Qeynos (who is also bounded in Qeynos) which was runign as dymanic - and the game prety much got frozen at this point. The char was no longer in zone, so zone shuted itself down, but the zone refuse to autoboot in order to respawn him....

could have been just a weird crash, but decided to post this just in case
Old 02-09-2008, 08:41 AM
So_1337
Dragon

I thought that's a long-standing bug that occurs when you die in the zone that you were killed?

Or maybe that was fixed, and I missed it.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:38 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Players die in their bound zone on TGC all the time with no issue.

Occasionally, we get some weird occurrences, but for the most point the system is pretty solid.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:31 AM
KingMort
Banned

Would you be able to set up some code , to first see what your rot time is, then make sure that the body rots in that set time, no matter where it is...

How hard would that be to do ? I'm not a coder but .
Old 02-10-2008, 12:48 PM
trevius
Developer

I wouldn't mind setting my server to leave no corpses up until say level 15, and then leave a naked corpse for all levels over 15.

It looks like you can set it to start creating corpses at a specified level, but only corpses with items on them. Is it possible to do something similar for naked corpses?

The only reason to leave a naked corpse is so people can rez. Most characters under 15 would never bother with rez, so there isn't much reason to have corpses for them. But, I don't want to leave corpses with items, just because that will cause more GM intervention to recover bugged corpses or whatever.

No huge deal. Just a thought.

Thanks

*Edit* Woah, I got a quest writer title! Woot!
Old 03-03-2008, 10:46 AM
ven-elexver
Banned

im not sure where to find the code where i enter true or false for corpses my server dont leave a corpse but in pvp with loot items its hard to do with no corpse. i code in useing mysql most of the time . so a code i could put in it would so i only need to add the lvl to start and true to corpse with items
Old 03-03-2008, 11:29 AM
trevius
Developer

If you use Navicat at all, you can find them in the table for rulesets and easily turn them on and adjust the settings from there. Just set the rules you want to use from 0 to 1 in the left column and change the setting for the rule if you want in the right column. The middle column is the name of the rule. You can do it via mysql, but I find it much easier to edit them in Navicat.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:49 PM
ven-elexver
Banned

yea i found that but have no rule set but looked at what you was saying what name would that be player corpse player corpses, or corpse,corpses. im thinking if i set di ti 1 type corpse true that may work but i dont have a list like you was saying
Old 03-03-2008, 01:05 PM
ven-elexver
Banned

Sorry had like 10 things going on at once looked at what wrote could not read it lol. what i was saying is that i use navicat but under rule_set i have nothing i just changed it to id 1 name peq. not sure if thats what i need to do . But under Rule_Values i still have no list to trun on but i can put in ruleset 1 rulename ____? Rule_Value _True?
Old 03-03-2008, 01:30 PM
ven-elexver
Banned

ok i did that put in 1 peq then did id 1 corpse true it did somethin lol ill have to restart and see, cross fingers
Old 03-05-2008, 11:50 AM
ven-elexver
Banned

nope still have no corpse left at death?
Old 03-05-2008, 12:59 PM
trevius
Developer

This isn't a support forum. You really should be posting this in a support forum if you want to get good responses in a timely manor and not get yelled at.

You can find a list of all current rules a few posts down from this one here:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24433

Then in your rule sets, you want the ID set to 1 and the name set to Default which is how it should have been set when you setup your server if you did it properly.

You can tell if the rules are set properly, because you will see them load up when you first start up your server in your world.exe window before it connects to the login server.

If you are still having problems, you can set your account status to 250 and that will give you access to the #rules commands. You can use those commands to enable or change rules from in game, but you need to restart your server for them to take effect.

If you still have anymore questions, I suggest creating a new post in the support forums and not in development. There are reasons for having all of the sections in the forums that they have setup. This system works and is well explained here. Your issue is not with these rules, it is with getting your rules setup properly.

Last edited by trevius; 03-05-2008 at 09:02 PM..