Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:34 PM
Juko
Fire Beetle

Default Sof and Titanium

Ok...I have been away for awhile and have been looking on here but see nothing about this. I was wondering...I have titanium but not SoF. Do I need to get Sof to use the SoF stuff on EMU? ANd if I do..how do I go about installing it with titanium so that I can use everything on EMU? If I missed a post about this please link it but I have spent an hour on here with no luck. Thank you for the help.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:55 PM
trevius
Developer

This should answer most of your questions:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...akka=PlayGuide

Yes, you need SoF to be able to enter SoF zones and use other SoF stuff (new Drakkin player race, new items, 8 additional bank slots, etc etc). Just get SoF and install it just like you would for Titanium. You can install SoF to a separate folder so you have both versions depending on which server you are playing on and what-not.

I don't think many servers are making much use of SoF yet, but I have a few zones populated for starting out up to about level 40 so far on Storm Haven. So, you can always check some new content out there if you do wind up getting SoF. There may be a couple other servers out there making use of it, but I don't know which ones, if any, use it off the top of my head.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:01 AM
Skook
Fire Beetle

Default Thank You !

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
This should answer most of your questions:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...akka=PlayGuide

Yes, you need SoF to be able to enter SoF zones and use other SoF stuff (new Drakkin player race, new items, 8 additional bank slots, etc etc). Just get SoF and install it just like you would for Titanium. You can install SoF to a separate folder so you have both versions depending on which server you are playing on and what-not.

I don't think many servers are making much use of SoF yet, but I have a few zones populated for starting out up to about level 40 so far on Storm Haven. So, you can always check some new content out there if you do wind up getting SoF. There may be a couple other servers out there making use of it, but I don't know which ones, if any, use it off the top of my head.
Thank you very much for that info, I was wondering the same thing. I logged on to an eqemulator server for the first time today with the Titanium software but
wondered what more I could do with the SoF expansion. When I did install the Titanium, I had to redo it after, since I had the live eq files on that same puter, even though I made sure to change the eqhost and add the patchme, I think the
"Launchpad" of the main eq picked up on it, when I fired up the Titaium and took me to the live eq login server. Once I removed the launchpad...no prob
Old 11-28-2009, 01:04 AM
Juko
Fire Beetle

Awsome...ty for the info. One last question...Do I need to install SoF ontop of titanium or seperatly? I want to still be able to do all the titanium stuff still.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:45 AM
Thovar
Sarnak

Just install SOF in a seperate folder, dont install it over titanium, that way you can use both version of the game.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:44 AM
trevius
Developer

You can still do all of the Titanium stuff when using the SoF client as long as the server you are on is version 0.8.0. But, yeah, it is better to install them into 2 separate folders. You never want to install SoF over Titanium, or it will break your client because it mixes files from both and causes bugs in game.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Juko
Fire Beetle

Awsome...ty so much for the help!!