Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 03-01-2008, 03:59 PM
So_1337
Dragon

I'd have to ask what you do currently when you want to update to the most recent version of the PEQ database, but don't want to lose your custom changes? Do you have queries made up already that source all your changes back in? That's definitely the best way to go, as it lets you keep current, but lets you customize it the way you see fit.

Depending how many changes you have, I recommend you go back and turn all the changes you made into queries that will re-create the work. To get all the information for just those two zones is a lot of work, though that's from my perspective; I'm sure there are people who know tricks with the databases that I can't even fathom

Of course, it's easy for me to suggest you do things the way that I do them =P Every time I update the database, I source in a .sql file with these queries and more:

Code:
### This allows the rogue epic to be equipped in the range slot like it used to be ###
UPDATE items SET slots = 26624 WHERE name = 'Ragebringer';

### This gives the Robe of Living Fungus regen like in the old days ###
UPDATE items SET regen = 15 WHERE name = 'Robe of Living Fungus';

### This sets the Evil Eye in Guk to drop the Bag of Sewn Evil Eye 90% and Manastone 10% ###
UPDATE lootdrop_entries SET chance = 90 WHERE lootdrop_id = 47116 and item_id = 17354;
INSERT INTO lootdrop_entries VALUES (47116,13401,1,0,10);

### This makes the Ghoul Assassin drop the Guise of the Deceiver rather than the Mask of Deception ###
UPDATE lootdrop_entries SET item_id = 2469 WHERE item_id = 2472;
Either way you go, good luck. It sounds like you're lucky that circuitdragon is willing to help you out if you resort to doing it the hard way, but I recommend getting your changes made permanent like the method above.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I would be interested in this and I'm sure others would too. Would be nice to see more.
Thanks.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:43 AM
So_1337
Dragon

Thanks for splitting this off, though I have to confess I don't have any more than those =/ I have more, but they're all just customizations for the server, unfortunately; nothing else classic-related.

I'm willing to fix up some more, if anyone has suggestions. Kind of embarrassing seeing that there's more interest in this and that I've got nothing else

I think my favorite is the Ragebringer change. That was only changed to not be range slot equippable because rogues kept accidentally throwing them =P
Old 04-11-2008, 12:37 PM
jenco420
Banned

Anyone else have any classic / custom queries they always use when they set up there database? could get interesting :P
Old 04-11-2008, 04:39 PM
Bulle
Hill Giant

This is also how I do it. When upgrading there is always the possibility of a conflict between your SQL commands and the changes done on PEQ, but if you are lucky you will get warnings and you will read them ! At worst you will find out about the conflict when you play

Writing the scripts is not hard, but requires a lot of rigor. In the scripts I also precede each change with the command to "revert", or "delete" the change to ensure the script can be run as many times as you need.

Ideally what would be needed is a bit of tooling for this : a tool that starts from a fresh PEQ install, applies a few specified scripts with widespread effects (see below) and then compares the modified-PEQ with your current database and outputs the proper SQL commands. That would be great.

You want to apply a few SQL commands to the standard PEQ first if you do general changes in the DB, like making all items droppable and such. Otherwise you would end up with a script changing every entry. The use of this tool would be to cope with micro-changes.

Anyone feels like writing that ? Eh eh...
Old 12-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Furinex
Hill Giant

So... Im sorry for reviving this thread... But ive been trying to get the manastone back into the Evil Eye's loot list for a while and I realized that this SQL command is out of date. Is there still a way to do this? Im sure its the 47116 number but I cant seem to find the correct one for the updated SQL.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:38 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furinex View Post
So... Im sorry for reviving this thread... But ive been trying to get the manastone back into the Evil Eye's loot list for a while and I realized that this SQL command is out of date. Is there still a way to do this? Im sure its the 47116 number but I cant seem to find the correct one for the updated SQL.
You can do it with GeorgeS' NPC Loot Editor pretty easy.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:55 PM
So_1337
Dragon

Yes, sorry. It's not possible for me to edit the original post, unfortunately. This one will do it for you, though:

Code:
### This sets the Evil Eye in Guk to drop the Bag of Sewn Evil Eye 75% and Manastone 25% ###
UPDATE lootdrop_entries SET chance = 75 WHERE lootdrop_id = 18855 and item_id = 17354;
INSERT INTO lootdrop_entries VALUES (18855,13401,1,0,25);