Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 01-12-2005, 02:03 PM
Sarepean
Discordant

Default I'd like to help

I've been doing a lot of quest writing lately. I've nearly got the entire Akanon newbie quest set done, including database tradeskill additions. I'm not sure where you all stand on this, but last I had heard, they were uncompleted to some small extent.

At any rate, I would like to offer my assistance in the completion of the quests of all zones.

Thanks!
-Sarepean
Old 01-12-2005, 03:05 PM
mattmeck

turn them in, there is thousands of quests missing.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:12 PM
mollymillions
Hill Giant

Sarepean, currently there is no open source quest development, so you will have to start from scratch (there's an old collection available).
Old 01-13-2005, 10:38 AM
Sarepean
Discordant

The reason this post was made was that I had talked to FNW last night and he told me to post in the forums and he would add me to the quest development team. I'm not sure exactly what he wanted me to post or where exactly he wanted it posted at, so I figured something along the lines of what I did would be acceptable.

However, Mattmeck, there seems to be an information gap and that is that there is no real place to turn quests in. I could put them in the completed quests section, but near as I can tell, I'd be one of two people sharing them, and in what format should I share them? Would zip be proper? Also, I have no idea how to do SQL updates and with PEQ being the standard for databases right now, I'd like to leave such things up to them, so my updates would eventually have to be modified to match their database--- it's a lot less work to just talk and communicate with them so that I can release updates without having to modify them each time they release a new database.

Also, Molly, the thing is that I *DID* start from scratch. Entirely from scratch. We have several zones completed. I'm working on the newbie quests and my friend is working on quests in the inbetween zones (I think he said he finished West Karana and some others).

Sorry for any confusion that the post caused.

Thanks,
-Sarepean

EDIT:: Nevermind, I got some help and got SQL updates figured out. Thanks for all your help. I'll try and put up some completed quests sometime-- just managed to get a ton finished with the SQL updates thing. It's a lot easier than doing it with a GUI Database Program.

Last edited by Sarepean; 01-13-2005 at 11:53 PM..
Old 01-18-2005, 03:59 AM
mollymillions
Hill Giant

[size=2]Hey, I was wrong, There is a public quest dev project. This is very encouraging (I