Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 06-18-2005, 03:20 AM
sonicintuition
Hill Giant

Argh,

An addendum to my above post...

I cannot log into my server when using your ZonePerl.exe. I can create a character but when I go to log in, it freezes up and I have to reset the computer. The non-perl verison works fine. I can't figure out why other people are getting success with this and I am not. I will download Perl from your list on your site and see if I'm just using the wrong version of perl or something...it's the only thing I haven't tried to get this to work. Both Cavedude's and PEQ's databases give the same result with ZonePerl.exe. Any other ideas? This is perplexing. An eqemu server without quests is ...boring. Thanks in advance.

EDIT - Leaving this post up in case anyone else runs into the same issue. It DOES matter what version of Perl that you use. I used the version posted up on SteelPhychos site and I can now log in fine.

Regards,
Sonic

Last edited by sonicintuition; 06-18-2005 at 11:48 AM..
Old 06-21-2005, 04:07 AM
SuedeWorthey
Sarnak

Default Update

I updated the guide for 0.6.1 DR2 compiles as well.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:34 AM
Aradorn
Sarnak

im running the Setting up pre5/11 Velious Beta1 + 6.1DR1 + Minilogin(windows) will the update zone.rar fix my hast/pet prob or do i need to set up a 6.1dr2?

edit
nevermind if figured it out it works just need to unzipp the zoneperl.exe

Last edited by Aradorn; 06-23-2005 at 07:48 PM..
Old 06-28-2005, 12:27 AM
arigo
Fire Beetle

I'm wanting to get AA working, SuedeWorthey. Have you gotten anywhere with that? Oh, and I don't know if this works for 6.1dr2, but 6.1dr1's assist opcode is 0x7f22.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:04 AM
SuedeWorthey
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by arigo
I'm wanting to get AA working, SuedeWorthey. Have you gotten anywhere with that? Oh, and I don't know if this works for 6.1dr2, but 6.1dr1's assist opcode is 0x7f22.
That's awesome Thanks. Yeah, I will be looking into the whole AA thing as much as I can starting around the 5th or so... I will be able to work on it all a lot more after about the 15th of August, so look for a lot from me around then.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:20 PM
Aradorn
Sarnak

ive replaced my zoneperl.exe from your website and started the game and haste/proc started working and the pet bug stopped....

ive played for about 2 weeks no probs

when i play it sometimes kicks me out if i play for a very extended pierod of time but i just click eqgame and continue

on 6/30 i used the #haste 85 to see how much i lacked from max. after i had played for a while i got dropped as it usually does, when i tried to log back in i got a zoneperl error and now i cannot get back in. i saved my old zone perl in another folder and replaced it with yours. it let me back in my weaps still proced but the haste doesnt work i dont understand why all of the sudden now your zoneperl.exe doesnt work... my activeperl is 5.8.2.808 even though its different from the one on your website i still cant figure why it would work for 2 weeks then just stop
Old 07-01-2005, 10:04 PM
SuedeWorthey
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aradorn
ive replaced my zoneperl.exe from your website and started the game and haste/proc started working and the pet bug stopped....

ive played for about 2 weeks no probs

when i play it sometimes kicks me out if i play for a very extended pierod of time but i just click eqgame and continue

on 6/30 i used the #haste 85 to see how much i lacked from max. after i had played for a while i got dropped as it usually does, when i tried to log back in i got a zoneperl error and now i cannot get back in. i saved my old zone perl in another folder and replaced it with yours. it let me back in my weaps still proced but the haste doesnt work i dont understand why all of the sudden now your zoneperl.exe doesnt work... my activeperl is 5.8.2.808 even though its different from the one on your website i still cant figure why it would work for 2 weeks then just stop
Try changing your PERL to the one on my website.... That could be the problem. If I could reproduce the error, I might be able to fix it, but until then, try to use the PERL that I have on my site. That's the one I used at compile time, so that could be it.
Old 07-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Aradorn
Sarnak

the active perl? and if that is the case if i install the one off your site all i have to do is install it over the old one.
will i have to update anything im using the pre5/11 Velious Beta1 + 6.1DR1 + Minilogin(windows) from iwantavr4

the only step in his i see is for perl is
23) Use the command prompt at c:\ perl and type in

Code:
perl load_13thfloor_items.pl -d eq -u [user] -p [password] <items.txt

Last edited by Aradorn; 07-04-2005 at 01:06 AM..
Old 07-03-2005, 10:02 PM
SuedeWorthey
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aradorn
the active perl? and if that is the case if i install the one off your site all i have to do is install it over the old one.
will i have to update anything im using the pre5/11 Velious Beta1 + 6.1DR1 + Minilogin(windows) from iwantavr4

the only step in his i see is for perl is
23) Use the command prompt at c:\ perl and type in

Code:
perl load_13thfloor_items.pl -d eq -u [user] -p [password] <items.txt
Try to uninstall PERL and re-install the one from my site. It was mentioned that this could fix any problems with the PERL .exes in a previous post in this topic.
Old 07-04-2005, 05:01 PM
iwantavr4
Sarnak

Ahh, okay. Yeah everytime i was tried using your zoneperl with my server it crashed. So i gave up on it and went back to my old one. Ill give it another go sometime soon to see if its my version of perl thats incompatible... Thats why i didnt update the guide with the update...
Old 07-06-2005, 10:33 AM
Aradorn
Sarnak

ok i uninstalled my older perl and installed your 813perl and it still wont work, now my original zonerperl wont work either so i resetup my server using the 813 perl. the only zoneperl that works is the one without the haste/petfix

i also saw on a previous post you made you said
am going to put a couple more files on my site:
1: update_zone.rar for updated zone compiles
2: update_world.rar for updated world compiles
3: update_dll.rar for updated emusharemem.dll files

but i cant seem to find the world.rar and dll.rar maybe those are the files me and iwantavr4 need also to get it to work

Last edited by Aradorn; 07-06-2005 at 07:34 PM..
Old 07-08-2005, 01:44 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default dr2 source

Do you also have the 6.1 DR2 source on your WEBSITE ?

I was unable to find it.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 07-08-2005, 09:26 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Suede's gone away for a couple months but I'll upload it in a bit
Old 07-08-2005, 11:53 AM
Aradorn
Sarnak

can you upload his world and emusharemem.dll
Old 07-08-2005, 12:22 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

I don't have any of his complies, only access to his site.