Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 04-14-2014, 08:30 PM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Default Waypoint Instance system

Hola,

Considering using Hunter's Waypoint Instance system but I only want people to be able to instance specific zones. Played on EZ a bit and the waypoint instance system is awesome but I don't want people to be able to instance every single zone on my server, especially not in 3 or 4 different formats.

So, my main question is: Does anyone know if this can be easily manipulated to act more as the plugin::sendtoinstance? I want to have NPCs who give out the instances I want people to be able to go to, but I also like how user friendly the waypoint instance system is(add/remove people etc) .. don't seem to be any user commands for that with the simple send to instance plugin.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:51 PM
sorvani
Dragon

It can be manipulated of course. No idea if it is simple or not. I have never looked at it.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:15 PM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorvani View Post
It can be manipulated of course. No idea if it is simple or not. I have never looked at it.
Alright, thanks.

I am correct in that there are no user commands for the instances created with plugin::sendtoinstance? (I know #instance exists).

I guess I could use Waypoint instance and make it free to enter the zones I want in the capacity I want then make it like 500 million for the others, lol
Old 04-14-2014, 11:50 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esildor View Post
Alright, thanks.

I am correct in that there are no user commands for the instances created with plugin::sendtoinstance? (I know #instance exists).

I guess I could use Waypoint instance and make it free to enter the zones I want in the capacity I want then make it like 500 million for the others, lol
Esildor, sendtoinstance is merely a function. You can leverage bigger systems in use with sendtoinstance.

The waypoint system uses the sendtoinstance plugin. A system has to be setup appropriately for it.

If you don't find something simple for your needs within then next few weeks. It is on my roadmap to release my very detailed expeditions system I spent approx 150+ hours on.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:03 AM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
Esildor, sendtoinstance is merely a function. You can leverage bigger systems in use with sendtoinstance.

The waypoint system uses the sendtoinstance plugin. A system has to be setup appropriately for it.

If you don't find something simple for your needs within then next few weeks. It is on my roadmap to release my very detailed expeditions system I spent approx 150+ hours on.
I think I am going to stick with the simple sendtoinstance for now and just cater my NPCs towards instructing people to make sure their entire group is in the group etc. I had saw you allude to your expedition system in another post and was hoping it would be released sooner than later - happy to hear you're getting close with it! Might not even be released to the public before you release your exp system anyhow :P