Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 07-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Nessful
Sarnak

Default Help Please!

Hello guys. I really need some help. What i want to do is give everyone that logs into my server a starter item, like the Binden Concerrtia * ports to nexus * then i would like to add my OWN merchants in nexus, and my own npcs. How do i add my own merchants and npcs? Also another quick question, how would i create a new mob as a regular spawn mob, like, how would i put a mob named The sleepers father in the sleepers tomb?

Note: I have all of GeorgeS tools i just need help please.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:53 PM
trevius
Developer

For setting starter items, you have to edit the start_items table in your database. If you use Navicat for database editing, it isn't too bad, but it might be easier if you just make a merchant that sells it for free near where people start out at.

To add NPCs, Merchants, Spawns, you should use the "#spawn" command. Run the command and it will tell you how to use it. To create a spawn so that it saves to the database and will spawn again, use the "#npcspawn create" command.

For creating merchants, you can do it via the #spawn command, or you can edit that stuff later with GeorgeS NPC Loot Editor. You will need to set a merchant ID on them and if you want to sell certain things only on that one merchant, you will want to make sure that you make a new merchant ID and not use an already existing one. You can search your merchant_lists table in your database and sort them by merchant ID and then look for the highest number and create one that is higher than that. Make sure to remove the 1000 line limiter that Navicat sets table displays to by default.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:59 PM
Nessful
Sarnak

Thanks a LOT this really helped me.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Nessful
Sarnak

One more question, i edited my new npc that i spawned to have a quest that when i hail her she gives a big soul devour * first gotta talk to her etc * do i have to reboot server for it to work?
Old 07-13-2008, 04:48 PM
trevius
Developer

#reloadquest
Old 07-13-2008, 05:34 PM
Nessful
Sarnak

weird, still dosent work
Old 07-13-2008, 05:46 PM
trevius
Developer

Probably a mistake in your quest, then. Try the "Check Syntax" button in GeorgeS' Quest Editor. It won't find every mistake, but can be useful in finding some of the major ones.

Otherwise, post your quest and we can tell you what is wrong with it.