Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-14-2004, 11:57 AM
Laviathon
Sarnak

Default Evolution 2 ???

anyone know what happened to Evolution 2 ? i was away for a few days come back and they are gone , and there web page is down as well and has been for a couple days ...

P.S.
i play a few characters there
Ribbits = 56 Warrior
Ribbitor = 55 Shaman
Mindoverride = 55 Enchanter

thank you
Old 12-14-2004, 12:12 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Hello.
Quite frankly, I'm not sure either. Our ServerOP, Cutter, was supposed to start up the server again. But instead she came on, wrote me out of the database and all FTP servers, and wiped the website without any notice to me, and she hasn't been on since. This may have been a precautionary action to prevent something (its quite a long story), but if she continues to do Evolution II I will not be part of it any longer. If you would like to wait in IRC for her to come on if she does, click here to launch your IRC client (if installed).

I'm very sorry, but I'm just as misinformed as you.

-edit-
Might I add, I hadn't done anything wrong recently, so why I was written out of the database and ftp's, I have absolutely no idea except she may have been trying to prevent something (which wouldnt work anyway, because I'm not the one that caused it. Long Story)
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:31 PM
Laviathon
Sarnak

ahh i hate to hear that ... you were always helping from what i could tell ,,

now to try and find a diff server .. most are pure legit (eq clone)
and other are semi-legit .. wont play on them hehe i am not to fond of semi-legit .. would love to set one up myself and even had a few people i hang out with in eq tell me i should but when i start college in Jan i simply wont have time the free time i do have i will be getting back into martial arts Classes and weight lifting ( been lazy the past couple months LOL )

well anyway off to find a server

sorry again to hear about that Cisyouc

later
Old 12-14-2004, 01:01 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Yeah... I really had high hopes for Evolution II. If I had the money I'd definatly start a Legit project like Evo2, however, I don't have the money to run a good hosted server like Evo was.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:17 AM
m0ld
Fire Beetle

That sucks. This was good a server.
Old 12-24-2004, 08:24 PM
jimbox114
Hill Giant

Was wondering what happened myself. Last I heard was Evo one was shutting down and that she was starting all over again with new help. She never said she didn't want me on the new team but I got the impression I wasn't needed.