Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Feature Requests

Development::Feature Requests Post suggestions/feature requests here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2004, 05:34 PM
Sarnak

Default A few feature ideas

A few things occured to me today that I thought I might as well throw out here:

1. In-Game Message Boards

Remember back in the good ole' days when you could put messages on the various message boards located throughout Norrath? I'm talking about the ones like that found in Sunset Home and the one in Fish's Bar in South Qeynos. It'd be great to see those back in (assuming the client can still support them, which I'm wondering about).

2. A way to force an NPC to behave as a pet

Maybe it should just be a Perl element, but a way to make a given, pre-existing NPC into a pet could prove useful (and fun). Imagine, for example, a quest where an NPC gives you his pet to command.

3. A way to possess an NPC

I recall that the old GM client had a "/" command that allowed the GM to take control of his target (it worked on NPCs and players both). The usefulness of something like that for running events could be immeasurable.