Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::GeorgeS's Tools

Development::GeorgeS's Tools A forum just for GeorgeS's tools

Old 06-20-2008, 08:00 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

George, I just noticed- there is a BIG problem with recent versions of npc editor - when you click COPY the window now asks you how many copies you want instead of- which ID you want to assign.

while new feature is usefull, the old one is EXTRIMLY valuable. could you please add it back?

thanks =)
Old 06-20-2008, 10:59 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

No problem - select Field Utilities/Specify Starting NPCid range

select say 6000 to 6000 -- click on evaluate then click on Use this range

then copy 1 npc and it will use that #. Specify a range and then multiple copies start at 6000 +

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 06-20-2008, 11:46 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

ah i see.. well this is great for copying multyple items into specific range but to copy a single item kind of too long (too many things to click) - how about adding a quick single copy button which will ask for specific # like you had before? prety please =) and put it next to the "copy" on the front panel =)
Old 06-22-2008, 03:59 AM
trevius
Developer

GeorgeS,

Since you made the grid editor part of the NPC Loot Editor now, I figured this is the best place to post about this issue. The problem I am seeing is that when you edit the WPs in a grid (the pause length for example in the WPs), and then save it, it doesn't actually save over the grid number you edited. Instead, it seems to overwrite the last added grid number with all of WPs from the one you were editing as well as the edited changes.

I have noticed problems with this in the past, but didn't figure out what was happening until tonight. I was always wondering why my grids were getting messed up when I was using the editor. The way it currently is, you can only edit the highest grid number for the zone. Everything else has to be redone manually from in-game.

I don't think that is intended, and I imagine it was probably just a mistake somewhere. I think getting that fixed would make the tool much more useful.

Other than that, I am still amazed at how nice your tools are now. They were great when I first started using them and they have only gotten better from that point. I can't believe how nice you have gotten them to this point. I think they are pretty complete as is. I can't thank you enough hehe. Without them, I would be lost!

If you need more information on the grid problem I am seeing, just let me know.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:31 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

ah i suspected something like that. I could not figure out why the heck one of my patruling guards suddenly switched his walking path to be identical to one of the named mobs =)
Old 06-22-2008, 12:46 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

This bug was verified on my system as well, and found the source of the probem in my code. Sorry for the bug!- I know it can cause big DB problems! It's at least fixed now and thanks for the bug report

08.20.08 - Fixed saving Grid bug. Now the correct grid will be updated and not the last one as before.

GeorgeS

Old 06-22-2008, 12:58 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

thank you George =)

so what about one little quick copy button?
Old 07-01-2008, 02:04 AM
moydock
Discordant

I just downloaded the latest npc_loot_editor and when I type in a zone, and tell it to search, I get the following error, running Vista 64-bit: "Run-time error '3265': Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal."

The older version worked great with vista, i'm not sure when this was broken, but the version that worked for me, was last modified 3/28/08 on my computer.

It's np if you don't want to fix this, I'll just use the old version. Just wanted to let you know.
Thanks.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:52 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

'fraid I do not get this error on vista32. I did not change any zone code in recent history...

Can anyone verify this error?

GeorgeS

Old 07-01-2008, 03:40 PM
moydock
Discordant

Oh, I'm dumb, the version that still works for me is: 07.33.00.

More on this,
If I try to search an empty zone, I don't get the error. But if I add 1 npc to that zone, that doesn't even have a faction or loot table assigned to him, I get the error if I try to search that zone again. I did this because the error said something about items, looking at it again I don't think it meant EQ items . It doesn't even seem to try to load any of the npc's, it just instantly pops up that error.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:54 PM
theeris23
Fire Beetle

I've been working on a custom server, just to mess around with and I'm having troubles changing the races on mobs. I tried to change to race of a mob in the nexus from human to gnome, saved the chages and #repop the zone but she stayed the human. I tried restarting the server but she still looks human. I did a #npcstats (or whatever it is) and the race number was the same as the gnome.

I was able to change the orcs in Crushbone to the new model, so I know it works sometimes. I know it's possible to change the race, since that is how it's set up on Storm Haven. What am I missing?
Old 07-17-2008, 09:16 PM
moydock
Discordant

Wrong thread for this but sure...
Try using #npcedit race # with the npc targetted
Where # is the race #
Then repop and it will show.
#npcedit <type> <value> is used to directly modify the database.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:34 PM
theeris23
Fire Beetle

K I'll try that... forgot to say I was using the NPC and Loot editor to change the races...
Old 07-17-2008, 10:08 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

You may have to also zone out/in as well.

GeorgeS

Old 07-18-2008, 06:11 PM
theeris23
Fire Beetle

OK, I was able to change the NPC's in the Nexus for some of the races like gnome, dwarf and troll, but I can't change to say the new orc model (458) . Is there still a global race file like in the Original EQ?