Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 10-20-2006, 09:32 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon
Ah ok, I got a pretty decent start to a database atm, I tweaked the tutorial zone which had mobs all at the 0 0 0 location and then added the pok books and spawn , doors ect to pok. I sourced the pok_7.0 zip and it worked great. (almost too easy) just wondered if you had something so easy for the LOY zones. I guess I can try to pull them out of cavemans and try it that way. Thanks alot for the quick response. Great work.
This is old, like my first SQL posts,I still may have the sqls laying around somewhere - I took them off because I was starting to turn everyones database into "memory hogs". At the end, if you're merging data, you'll have to optimize your database; unless you have gigs of RAM to throw away.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:17 PM
cannon
Hill Giant

Default Optimize the database

When you say optimize the database. I was reading where the gaps in numbers cause for memory loss (dont quote me on this) or something to that effect. Would you suggest sourcing any new info in the open spaces? (example the spawn2 entries that jump from 5000 to 30000 with nothing in between) or does this not matter? Also is there only certain tables that this would effect? I was just wondering if say you had all of the mobs from one zone together in the database in sequence so to say almost like defragmenting a hard drive would this effect the memory usage. I have 1024 ram and dont have much issues at this time. But I would like to be building up the database with all intentions of doing it the most effective way. Guess im getting into a long story that should have been short. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks again for all your help.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:51 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon
When you say optimize the database. I was reading where the gaps in numbers cause for memory loss (dont quote me on this) or something to that effect. Would you suggest sourcing any new info in the open spaces? (example the spawn2 entries that jump from 5000 to 30000 with nothing in between) or does this not matter? Also is there only certain tables that this would effect? I was just wondering if say you had all of the mobs from one zone together in the database in sequence so to say almost like defragmenting a hard drive would this effect the memory usage. I have 1024 ram and dont have much issues at this time. But I would like to be building up the database with all intentions of doing it the most effective way. Guess im getting into a long story that should have been short. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks again for all your help.
What happens is, your DB becomes a big memory hog and eats up a lot of memory - it probably slows down too.
I explained how I optimzed my database here;
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...455#post125455
and here;
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...462#post125462

These are just examples of what you need to do - If you can understand what I did, you will have no problem optimizing your DB.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:46 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I'm bumping this "historical" thread , mainly because I'm back to working on these zones.
I've started in Gunthak, and have most quests started , also have stuff like wheels, barrels etc. in place, merchants fixed.
I'm about ready to post what I did, but first I want to complete at least one quest, which is the popular quest for the spell: Temperance.
If I get time today, I'll finish up and post.
If anyone has done/is doing Gunthak work, please say so, as it's pointless to have the same work done twice.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:16 AM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox
If anyone has done/is doing Gunthak work, please say so, as it's pointless to have the same work done twice.
I'm pretty sure most agree, when Ang says he is working on LoY zones... we wait for your updates 'just because'.

Would have to be insane to try to do the detail you do on some of them.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:11 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default Gunthak Update posted

Most quests started, and quest for spell:Temperance finished. Also fixed merchants. placed pottery wheels, and other objects.
Note: It appears quest_globals is broken , the nearest version EqEmu I could find where it works is version 0.7.0-856. Many of my quests use global values, Including the temperance-quest. I suggest you revert to 0.7.0-856, until the quest_globals problem can be solved.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:11 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Degrading to version 0.7.0-856 was not such a good idea; items poof when you zone! I guess I just have to hope for a fix.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:04 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox
Degrading to version 0.7.0-856 was not such a good idea; items poof when you zone! I guess I just have to hope for a fix.
Looking back through the threads, the "item poofing on zone" problem was a MySql5 issue that WildcardX fixed later on. So, if you use MySql4, 0.7.0-856 will work.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:18 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Yeah, MySQL 5.0 shouldn't really be used anyway... 4.0 is still the best.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:54 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Update to quest_globals problem - I spent the morning narrowing this down.
I was wrong about 0.7.0-856
problem with quest_globals starts with this version;
EQEmu-0.7.0-934
==12/03/2006
FatherNitwit: Fixed a few issues related to quest global expiration.
==========
If you use the one before; EQEmu-0.7.0-933, everything works fine.

EDIT:
The "poofing" bug in 0.7.0-856 , is un-related and fixed in 0.7.0-933 , the problem I'm talking about happens in all MySql versions.

Last edited by Angelox; 12-18-2006 at 11:46 AM..
Old 12-19-2006, 11:20 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default Database updated

Many updates and added quests to the LoY zones - also fixed some npcs, faction in these zones - Millius Darkwater (temperance quest) actually is involved in three quests that span through two LoY zones. They are all completed and working with this update.