Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 06-28-2006, 07:23 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default Here's some LoY work for PEQ

I don't know where or how to post this, or even if it's worth while to anyone. Here's what I did:
Dumped npc_types, spawn2, spawnentry, spawngroup, grid, grid_entries from Cavedudes' EQ database's LoY zones, and fixed them so they add to my 7.0 PEQ database.
The data is from Dulak, Gunthak, Hatesfury, Nadox, and Torgiran. It seems loot tables are still there from when PEQ was converted - I didn't do anything to loots, and some npcs have their loots.
They are all ready to go, you only need to cut and past into the MySql command line client. This is not complete, but gives you a much better start than if you had an empty zone.
Back up you data first - if you don't like it, you can always restore.

Here's the link for download;

http://blackwater.dynip.com/csv/LoYcsv.rar
Old 06-28-2006, 10:39 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Thanks for share good work.
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:44 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I sourced these in without much difficulty - and looks like most loot tables are ok.

Is it possible to include this in the official PEQ db?

Work like this should not go to waste!

GeorgeS
MrG

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 06-30-2006, 08:43 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default New Link

I made a download page for my stuff and moved the LoY CSV link there - I plan on dumping everything I do, I'm a little slow, but I'll get more stuff out.

New link:
http://www.nahunta.org/~angelox/

Right now, I'm tweaking the LoY zones with all the rest it needs, and also I have Harbinger's Spire more than halfway done. I'll post it all when I'm done.
If you haven't tried LoY expansion yet, it's a very nice one to have - you can go from level 33 up to around 60 there. I played my heart out in those zones - at first, it was a bit complicated to go to, so not many people went there, but when SOE set up a portal for it , it came to life. LoY was probably the last good expansion made for players under 50.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:10 AM
mplostcause
Fire Beetle

iam still not too good at the whole database workings =P will this work with the cavedudes database? and if not do most people recommend the peq database over it?
Old 06-30-2006, 05:05 PM
fathernitwit
Developer

unfortunately, this work will not likely be included in the official PEQ database because it would prevent PEQ from building the zones properly when we get to them. The zones were built with and old version of EQBuilder and none of the other PEQ tools were run on them, and in our oppinion theres enough benefits from these tools to wait. There has been some work to use cavedude's loot and factions as another input source to our tools, but theres no garuntees this will get done.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:06 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplostcause
iam still not too good at the whole database workings =P will this work with the cavedudes database? and if not do most people recommend the peq database over it?
This is an extract taken from Cavedude's database - Cavedude has a lot of impressive work done in a lot more zones, but he quit working on it. PEQ's work is done mostly up to Kunark era, and is more complete to that point - but there has been no updates. Neither one of them are posting updates to their database: regardless which one you choose, if you want to see more work or more zones, you have to figure out how to do it yourself.
What you're probably wondering, is what I was wondering when I first started with the emulator: "Which one will be more playable if I made my own server"? The answer is, "none". You can play a little with either of the database, but still theres enough "loose ends" in them as to where they won't be much fun. This is a gigantic project, with many details, and is still young.
If you want to mount a server of your own, you are better off mounting the PEQ database as it is more "playable", and there's a "glimmer of hope" they might update it one day. In my case, when I tried Cavedudes'. I found my self working in the Pre-Kunark zones alot, so i went "PEQ" , which gave me a better start. And now that I'm starting to see how it all works, it's not that hard extracting some data from Cavedudes and inserting into PEQ, thus bringing the best of two worlds together.
The bottom line is, if you want to make your own server, you have to be ready to learn, and do A LOT of work into making some playable zones. You have to comb the Waki's , FAQ's and these forums for answers to your questions. Don't embarrass yourself by posting questions that have answers already posted here many times over.
If you don't want to do all of this and just want to play, there's already some real nice working servers up, with some very nice "individual" work done to them, and are very playable.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:47 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

I didn't quit, I've just had no time lately
Old 07-03-2006, 12:34 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude
I didn't quit, I've just had no time lately
I guess "quit" was an over-statement , sorry about that. I thought I saw a post somewhere where you said you wouldn't be updating your database anymore, that's what i meant. Hopefully, I'm wrong.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:12 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

No, I plan on updating it again.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:45 AM
soulshot
Hill Giant

Thats great news!
Old 07-05-2006, 11:07 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default LoY Update

This is an update to Gunthak in LoY, should be almost complete with all my additions - here's some thoughts on this;
-You should remove the old Gunthak CSV I posted earlier from the tables, as I changed grids, spawns and other stuff.
-It seems impossible for me to extract loot related tables from a specific zone, as there is nothing of an id attached to them. If anyone can think of a way for me to get all loot-related tables from Gunthark or any other zone, please tell me - that would make the zone "play ready" with little work to do .

GeorgeS!! Again, thank you for the SQL-Extractor program - I hope you try this and tell me if it all worked, If you have any ideas on how to extract loot-related tables, please tell me.

Download page:
http://www.nahunta.org/~angelox/
Old 07-05-2006, 12:25 PM
sesmar
I built it I will Support it!

For pulling loottable info for the mobs of Gunthak maybe this will point you in the right direction.

Also just a warning this query will take some time to run as it hits 7 different and rather large tables.

Code:
SELECT
  spawnentry.npcID,
  npc_types.loottable_id,
  loottable.name,
  loottable_entries.lootdrop_id,
  lootdrop.name,
  lootdrop_entries.item_id
FROM
  spawnentry
  INNER JOIN spawn2
    ON spawn2.spawngroupID = spawnentry.spawngroupID
  INNER JOIN npc_types
    ON npc_types.id = spawnentry.npcID
  INNER JOIN loottable
    ON loottable.id = npc_types.loottable_id
  INNER JOIN  loottable_entries
    ON loottable_entries.loottable_id = loottable.id
  INNER JOIN lootdrop
    ON lootdrop.id = loottable_entries.lootdrop_id
  INNER JOIN  lootdrop_entries
    ON lootdrop_entries.lootdrop_id = lootdrop.id
WHERE
  spawn2.zone='gunthak'
ORDER BY
  spawnentry.npcID,
  npc_types.loottable_id,
  loottable_entries.lootdrop_id,
  lootdrop_entries.item_id
Old 07-05-2006, 04:45 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

The sql for populating those zones worked very well. Had to first remove the previous zone, but that was not hard.

Good job

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 07-06-2006, 02:06 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Thanks for all the help - Sesmar's query puts me on the proper track of thinking. The query/sort works well, but still has data spread out through the given table. What I need is, to put them in zone groups, for extraction.
I noticed in npc_types , theres a loottable_id column , and also the zone id is in npc_types.id ,as it appears the first numbers contain the zone in them - example : an entry in npc_types.id 224035 means the npc is from zone 224, and he's entry number 035. So, maybe I could use the zone data from npc_types.id , and loot data from npc_types.lootable_id to sort the other loot-related tables by zone?