Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:35 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Default ProjectEQ SVN

The ProjectEQ database and quests are now available via SVN using Google. All I ask is that bugs are reported or additions are made and submitted here: http://peqtgc.com/phpBB2/viewforum.p...a34043b6c9ad2d

THERE WILL BE NO SUPPORT FOR SVN! This is not an official release and really is only meant for database developers, or advanced users.

To get the DB, use this address:
http://projecteqdb.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

For quests:
http://projecteqquests.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/quests

The EQEmu code can be grabbed here:
http://projecteqemu.googlecode.com/s...nk/EQEmuServer

Basic installation:

Player tables - Do source drop_player.sql and then source load_player.sql at a mysql command prompt. WARNING: This will destroy all character information! Once you setup your database once, this step is optional and you can skip right on to system tables. If you want to source tables individually, you can. Just do a source tablename.sql; at the command prompt for whichever tables you wish to drop/source.

System tables - This is the actual content of the db. If you have custom changes or the like, I don't recommend using this as all of your custom data will be destroyed! First, extract peqdb_XXXXRevxxx.sql.gz with WinRAR or another compression program that supports gz into the same dir as all the other sqls. (If you get a corrupt SQL or an error message while extracting, then your program DOES NOT properly support it!) Then, at the mysql command prompt do source drop_system.sql and then source peqdb_XXXXRevxxx.sql. This can take some time so be patient.

For those upgrading their DB: Look in the updates folder, and source in every file up to the current revision, specified by the system .gz file. If there is no update for the current revision, then no player update is needed.

*Before it's asked, no I will not use another compression type. I use Linux so .gz is the easiest for me. WinRAR fully supports it, so there are no problems for Windows users.*

You're done!

Just a quick note, you'll notice the db filename above has XXXXRevxxx in it's name. That's because the name will change with every update. The version will correspond with the current EQEmu build. So, since the current EQEmu build is 1129, and the current SVN revision is 59. The db's filename is peqdb_1129Rev59.sql.gz. If both the EQEmu build and SVN revision remain the same, but the DB updates, then a letter will be tacked on the end of the DB version.

This system is far superior for many reasons. First, it's a lot easier for me so expect more frequent updates. Second, the compressed db saves a LOT of space so it's quicker to upload/download. The version number will make things MUCH easier since you no longer need to say, in my db which is 7 days old I found this bug. Now you can reference the db by version number. Also, my hope is this may eliminate the does this db work with the current EQEmu build questions.

Last edited by cavedude; 09-08-2010 at 06:29 PM..
Old 08-24-2007, 08:49 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Link is busted there, CD.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:51 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

That's what I get for copying and pasting.

http://www.projecteq.net/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=38
Old 11-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Diuretic
Sarnak

This is exactly the thread for this newb question, I think.

If I'm downloading the PEQ db via CVS, must I always do a player wipe when I source drop_player.sql and then source load_player.sql?

I'm afraid that I can't just drop and load the system updates for fear of updating SQL code in the system tables that depend upon updates in the player tables.

I know I can patch less frequently, but each update gives me something to pick through and learn from.

Whatcha think?

Thanks,

D.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:22 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

You don't need to drop and source player tables when upgrading, only system. That's why the two are separated.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:07 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Bump so everybody sees the changes to CVS.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:43 AM
Knightly
Accomplished Programmer

Tricky...I was just about to tell you about the zip problem when you fixed it.

FYI, 7-zip for Windows will also support gzip format and it is a free (and very well written) archiving program.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:43 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Corrected the corrupt file, I forgot to mark the .gz as binary instead of text
Old 02-12-2008, 05:13 AM
Zandig
Hill Giant

It's extracting now with Winrar.
Thanks for fixing it. Had me stumped earlier as I was going thru a myriad of decompression programs for Windows.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:25 AM
effeEQ
Fire Beetle

oi, i get this error when trying to connect with wincvs:

cvs checkout: warning: unrecognized response `'ssh' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
' from cvs server
cvs checkout: warning: unrecognized response `operable program or batch file.
' from cvs server
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

any tips? searched forums, and google, no help...
Old 02-13-2008, 11:02 PM
Annihilator
Sarnak

Default New CVS method

The new CVS method has a major drawback. Instead of taking a little under 3 minutes to source the new database, it now takes forever! I finally stopped keeping track after 6 hours at which I turned off the monitor and went to bed.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:42 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

You're not alone, that's been corrected with 1091a.

The problem was this dump method sourced in fine for me, and always has. But, the new dump method should work for everybody.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:10 AM
Zandig
Hill Giant

6 hours!
1091 of the database took me about 10 minutes to source tops. Although that is much longer than it used to take. I was thinking this was due to much more added to the public release of the database than was previously available?

Will have to try 1091a.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Annihilator
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandig View Post
6 hours!
1091 of the database took me about 10 minutes to source tops. Although that is much longer than it used to take. I was thinking this was due to much more added to the public release of the database than was previously available?

Will have to try 1091a.
What kind of computer are you using that let you source 120MB of data in 10 minutes?!?!? The PC that I have dedicated to the Emu server isn't a speed demon by far but it's no snail. Old method only took me 2 minutes 40 seconds to do a complete source of the DB.

The biggest drawback is that the new method processes line by line rather than a complete table at at time.

I will try 1091a later and see how long it takes for me to source.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:03 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annihilator View Post
The biggest drawback is that the new method processes line by line rather than a complete table at at time.
1091a and all future versions will not.