Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Annihilator
Sarnak

No biggie.. I wasn't really complaining, just stating the time differences.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:24 PM
Annihilator
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
1091a and all future versions will not.
Thanks CD, all better now!
Old 02-15-2008, 01:27 AM
Zandig
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annihilator View Post
What kind of computer are you using that let you source 120MB of data in 10 minutes?!?!? The PC that I have dedicated to the Emu server isn't a speed demon by far but it's no snail. Old method only took me 2 minutes 40 seconds to do a complete source of the DB.

The biggest drawback is that the new method processes line by line rather than a complete table at at time.

I will try 1091a later and see how long it takes for me to source.
AMD FX-60
2 gigs ram
WinXP

...good to see 1091a is sourcing better.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:39 AM
Annihilator
Sarnak

Yep. Source time back down to a 2.5 minutes on a P4 3GHz with a gig of memory. Much improved.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:34 AM
Bishop4351
Sarnak

Not sure in windows but you can just for loop it to import the db's in linux with some thing simple like:

for file in *.*; do mysql peq < $file; done

This would also mean that every file in the folder was one you wanted in the db.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:01 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

I recommend everybody grab the newest commands.sql from CVS. In contains ALL EQEmu commands, their default access values, and a handy new description field with their descriptions.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:24 AM
leslamarch
Discordant

CD,
I was just wondering if you could point me in the right direction for a change log for the database? Sorry if i missed it somewhere
Thanks
~LL~
Old 02-25-2008, 08:01 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

http://www.projecteq.net/phpBB2/view...c53dbc5bf86a99

Is as good as we'll get. It's a good overview of the changes, but if every change was documented, half of my time would be spent writing that up
Old 02-25-2008, 08:17 AM
leslamarch
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
http://www.projecteq.net/phpBB2/view...c53dbc5bf86a99

Is as good as we'll get. It's a good overview of the changes, but if every change was documented, half of my time would be spent writing that up
Perfect, Just what i was wanting to see.
Thanks So Much
Old 03-03-2008, 10:34 AM
gorgoth
Fire Beetle

Default Need help with winCVS

I got winCVS and put in the information give and It says it can't find the specified file. Below is what I put in and I am at a loss as to what is going wrong.

under Module Name: peq_db

and under CVSROOT: :pserver:anonymous@peq.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/peq

The exact error message I get is:

Unable to initialize the CVS process: The system cannot find the file specified. The CVS used is : cvs.exe

did the files change?
Old 03-16-2008, 09:03 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Seeing that the bots are becoming more popular and polished, I added two files to the CVS, bot_npcs.bat and bot_npcs.sh.

They simply will dump your current NPC bots to bot_npcs.sql, so that they can be sourced back in after you do a DB update.

Windows users:

1. Open bot.npcs.bat with notepad or similar and change peq to the name of your database.
2. Then, run the .bat file. It will create a new file called bot_npcs.sql in the same directory.
3. Update your database as normal.
4. Source in bot_npcs.sql

That's it!

Linux users do the same except using bot_npcs.sh. Make sure it's marked executable, and you run it as ./bot_npcs.sh

Of course, you will need to repeat this every time you update your database, or your bot NPCs will be lost.

The next version of the installer (which will offer a db update feature) will do this automatically.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:54 AM
cubber
Discordant

The linux script worked great, except I had to add a -p to the commands in order for it to prompt me for a password.

When sourcing the bot's back into the DB will they overwrite any new NPC additions to the peq DB? I noticed that the last entry before my bots start is 2700011 A_warm, my bots start at 2700012 and go to 2700033 currently, which is the last npc in the DB.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:40 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

I am pretty sure the bots will just tack themselves on the end of the NPC IDs. That being said, PEQ will never use IDs that high. In fact, I don't know why those 136 NPCs are there in the first place. The highest ID we should be using is 999,999. No zone at this point has an ID in the thousands, and we derive our NPC IDs by zoneidnumber. So no, those IDs are well into the reserved range and won't be used by us, more than likely ever.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:45 AM
cubber
Discordant

Great thanks for the info.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:05 PM
wolfeedarkfang
Fire Beetle

This might be a dumb question. When i downloaded the cvs, i noticed 32 other sql files in the same directory besides the ones mentioned. Do i need to source them? It seams like a time consuming task.