Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Windows Servers

Archive::Windows Servers Archive area for Windows Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 02-02-2002, 09:06 PM
Lenwein
Fire Beetle

Default a few questions

Hello, its me again! Got a few questions to ask so hear goes.

1.) I noticed that the message that says (charactor name) saved doesnt appear in the emulator when ran. Is the save feature not available yet or does it have to be activated somehow? Because when I log back in everything is the same as it was when I started.

2.) after whacking a few monsters that I spawned i noticed that when the exp reaches the limit I dont level up. Is this not available yet? Or does somthing needs to be configured?

3.) do doors, ships and maybe the elevators in gfaydark work yet? (doubtfull but worth to ask)

I believe thats it. Any response is appreciated.

Btw to the eqemu developers, great job on creating this emulator. It is awesome!
Old 02-02-2002, 09:19 PM
Strikingbeast
Fire Beetle

In response to your queries...

1) It saves equipment, level, and all that jargin, but it never shows that "Strikingbeast Saved" message. But then again, I never pay attn to those newayz, so I could miss em.

2) The XP bar is out of whack...trust me. I'm a lv 100 warrior, and even though my XP bar should be just all orange, it changes each time I #kill a mob, wether it be lv 1 or lv 75. Sometimes it will be at 3 orange bubs, and I'll kill again and it'll be at 2 orange/1 blue bubbles. Its just messed up, and I don't think its a real high priority...for the dev team OR for anyone else to worry about =D.

3) None of that stuff works yet. Active objects (doors, elevators, ect.) are sort of like #spawns (I believe) and probably require special code to work properly. Also, don't expect zoning objects (boats, skiffs, ect.) to work in the near future...then again, I could always be wrong.

Later 4 now.

If you're interested, the server I host (via the gotfrags LS) is the Fuzzil Bo server. Feel free to log on whenever
Old 02-03-2002, 04:12 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

We have coding for doors, it just is not in yet.
Old 02-03-2002, 04:24 AM
Zeitgeist
Discordant

actually in .1.9 I could swear it showed the saved msg...
Old 02-03-2002, 04:26 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Oh and as for saving, your account is saved, the client requests a save and the server saves it (Its on a timer locally), plus it saves when you camp, and zone.