Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:29 AM
imith
Fire Beetle

also this is a list of all the ports I opened up, all the doubles mean its TCP and UDP have I missed any?
*3306 Server 192.168.0.62
*3306* Server 192.168.0.62
*5998 Server 192.168.0.62
*5998* Server 192.168.0.62
*5999 Server 192.168.0.62
*5999^ Server 192.168.0.62
*7000^ Server 192.168.0.62
*9000 Server 192.168.0.62
*9000* Server 192.168.0.62
*9080 Server 192.168.0.62
Old 09-17-2008, 03:36 AM
wiley99
Fire Beetle

Hey Imith,

I just ran into this EQEmu site not to long ago actually 5 days ago. I have spent the last 3 days following all the linux guides in debian, and now finally completing the windows install and my eqemu server is up and running. I really gotta thank everyone who made a guide out there like cavedudes, angeloxs every eq emulator forum on the net.

I have setup lineage2 pr servers, wow pr servers before and was really having a good time following old debian guides looking for the db files, the maps, the sql sources, and reading about how its all put together. I nuked my ubuntu install and went with old debians that were in the guides I found as well following everything to a T.

I played eq for over 6 years and must say this is amazing to have this setup to checkout its like going back in time for me.

Sorry for all the blabbing but now I would love to have a friend or 2 connect to the server to check it out they are on the outside and I am using minilogin. I understand you must use eqemulator login for WAN people to connect. I see in the guides it says to have them leave eqemulator.net in there eqhost.txt but who makes the account to let them login? Is it still in my database and eqemulator.net just passes it through something?

Would it be possible to just change my login server to a hamachi setup and have him connect from WAN that way? If anyone can just shed alittle light on what the best way to go is to setup outside connections I would be so thankful. I have been reading searching non-stop for the past 3-4 days thats why I ask like this.

Imithi if you want just post back or email me @ bgigi@icompt.com I can call you and try to resolve your issue today if you like??
Old 09-17-2008, 05:25 AM
trevius
Developer

The you want to use Port RANGE Forwarding, not Port Forwarding if that is what you are using. The only ranges you need for people to publicly connect to the emulator server are 7000 to 7100 and 9000 to 9000. You can also forward 9080 if you want to use the admin tool externally.

Wiley,

I imagine you could setup a himachi connection, but dyndns works just as well. You wouldn't need either of these on a public server if you ever considered that instead.

When you want people to connect to your server running mini login, I think you just need to have them put your IP or dyndns address and port 5999 in their eqhost.txt file. If they have eqemulator.net in there, it will go to the public login server.

If you are using minilogin, you have to manually make every account. If you were using the public login, you don't have to do anything as the login server does everything for you.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:54 AM
imith
Fire Beetle

yeah I have all those port RANGE forwarded so im still not sure what the problem is like i said, with the IP question should it be saying the zones are connecting to 127.0.0.1, my external ip or my internal ip?
Old 09-17-2008, 12:01 PM
Khylie
Fire Beetle

I had similar problems as you are having. I finally had everyone, including the server install Hamachi and had them connect via the Hamachi address. I think it was my router, even though I had the ports forwarded and opened on it.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:11 PM
imith
Fire Beetle

thing is i tried using hamachi with mini login and the problem became the one with the wireless card could log in, but could not zone into the world.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:34 PM
imith
Fire Beetle

well i was able to do some testing and when the wireless comp is going through a plug he can connect fine, mind if i hear what that driver you were speaking of was?
Old 09-17-2008, 09:58 PM
trevius
Developer

IMO, unless you are planning to play EQ completely offline on your home LAN, there is really no reason to use the extra effort it takes to create a server on a mini-login. If you want a server that only you and your friends can play on, you can just lock the server to other players and set your friends accounts to enough status to still get in. Making a public server following the wiki is very simple and straight forward.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:37 PM
imith
Fire Beetle

I understand all that lol, I've stated a few times I'm trying to get a public server up =P I want one a lot of people can play on, my RL friensd or not, but I keep saying I'm having probs with "Public" Minilogin doesnt intrest me just was throwing in i couldnt get that working with the wireless comp either
Old 09-19-2008, 08:37 PM
Sylaei
Hill Giant

Imith, sorry haven't had much time to check the forums. It was the driver for my wireless card. I am on an HP zd8000 notebook with a broadcom wireless card. I have had several problems with the card and changing the driver, either going older or newer helped. I have even had to use the hp software to connect at one point. I really think that is was more of a windows xp issue than the wireless card, but try changing your driver either going forward or backward. Just to see. Mine is working perfectly now but I reinstalled a couple of months ago. Sounds odd, but that fixed my issues.

"The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking with which we created them."
Albert Einstein