Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:04 AM
Skizoke
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylaei View Post
Skizoke, This was in my Titanium log file.

Code:
2008-09-30 23:07:33	Networking: Connection Established [1]
2008-09-30 23:08:33	*** WorldAuthenticate.  Error connecting to 74.185.XX.XX:9000 [client:DisconnectReasonConnectFail,server:DisconnectReasonNone]
2008-09-30 23:08:33	
2008-09-30 23:08:33	Networking: Connection Closed [0] with 0 pending bytes.
2008-09-30 23:08:34	*** ERROR: WorldAuthenticate has failed after attempting to connect.
First try commenting these lines in your eqemu_config file:
<address>74.185.XX.XX</address>
<localaddress>192.168.1.68</localaddress>

Second try this, note I don't even have this line in my eqemu_config file:
Try uncommenting this line from your eqemu_config file:
<!-- <tcp ip="localhost" port="9000" telnet="disable"/> -->
The titanium log file? Where is it located and what is the exact name?

I see zone logs and debug logs, just not sure which one you are referring to.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:06 AM
Skizoke
Sarnak

Here is a screenshot of the way I forwarded the ports:

Old 10-01-2008, 01:18 AM
Sylaei
Hill Giant

It is under my Everquest Titanium folder.
Like: c:\games\eq titanium\logs
the file itself is named dbg.txt

In the screen shot you are just opening the ports in your firewall, you need to foward those ports to your eqemu server. If you forward I don't think you need to open them in the firewall.

What is happening without the forwarding turned on is that my request to authenticate is happening at the router not your eqemu server. The router knows nothing of my auth request and is ignoring it.

"The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking with which we created them."
Albert Einstein
Old 10-01-2008, 01:26 AM
Skizoke
Sarnak

This is what the router page says:

By default, the firewall blocks all unwanted access from the Internet. You can allow access from the Internet to applications running on computers inside your secure home network by enabling firewall pinholes. Opening firewall pinholes is also known as opening firewall ports or firewall port forwarding. To do this, associate the desired application with the computer below. If you cannot find a listing for your application, you can create a user-defined application profile. (To create a user-defined profile, you will need to know protocol and port information.)

To Allow Users Through the Firewall to Hosted Applications...
Select a computer
Choose the computer that will host applications through the firewall: Howard-Main 192.168.1.64 junkonecom-PC shaunda DIRECTV-STB-DF5BF5EA Howard

Edit firewall settings for this computer:
Maximum protection – Disallow unsolicited inbound traffic.
Allow individual application(s) – Choose the application(s) that will be enabled to pass through the firewall to this computer. Click ADD to add it to the Hosted Applications list.
All applications Games Audio/video Messaging and Internet Phone Servers Other User-defined Hosted Applications:
EQEmu

• Add a new user-defined application
Allow all applications (DMZplus mode) – Set the selected computer in DMZplus mode. All inbound traffic, except traffic which has been specifically assigned to another computer using the “Allow individual applications” feature, will automatically be directed to this computer. The DMZplus-enabled computer is less secure because all unassigned firewall ports are opened for that computer.

Note: Once DMZplus mode is selected and you click DONE, the system will issue a new IP address to the selected computer. The computer must be set to DHCP mode to receive the new IP address from the system, and you must reboot the computer. If you are changing DMZplus mode from one computer to another computer, you must reboot both computers.

On the far left of the screenshot is the server name, it is allowing access to the server on those ports. Does it appear to you it is not being forwarded? If so, I am unsure how to fix it.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:27 AM
Skizoke
Sarnak

And I am forwarding TCP only, do I need to do UDP as well?
Old 10-01-2008, 02:08 AM
Skizoke
Sarnak

Thanks for all the help, I'll try any other suggestions tomorrow after work.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:46 PM
Skizoke
Sarnak

I cannot even ping the server from work. Even with the firewall set to DMZ it won't allow access.

I'm lost, should I get a straight dsl modem so I don't have to deal with the firewall of the router? I can't just turn the firewall off.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Sylaei
Hill Giant

Try opening udp ports, I'm not sure if it uses them or not, but I always open them too.
And it looks like you have the forwarding setup. Do you have the windows firewall turned on on the pc? Turn it off, if so, and try that.

"The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking with which we created them."
Albert Einstein
Old 10-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Skizoke
Sarnak

I tried that, still no luck.

I just noticed that all computers on my network have the same external IP. I'm guessing that is why it is important for the router to know where to send the request for EQEmu?

I guess that is where I am having trouble. I don't know exactly what I'm not doing.

Thanks for all the help.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Sylaei
Hill Giant

All of the computers on your network go out into the world through the same router/modem. Thats why they all have the same external Ip address. And they should, the router is smart enough to know who to send what traffic back to when the connection starts inside. You want the connection to start outside and come in. Thats what the firewall/port forwarding does. You might open a dos window and type: ipconfig. Do this on the server pc. This will tell you its Ip. Next on your router use that Ip instead of a pc name. It shouldn't matter but it could.

Albert Einstein
Old 10-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Skizoke
Sarnak

I apoligise for wasting anyones time. I am going to get a regular dsl modem so I don't have to go through this 2 wire dsl modem/wireless router/firewall/etc.

I'm going to try going directly from the modem to the pc and see if I still have these problems. Right now with the firewall turned off and dmz on for the server I still cannot even ping the server. AT&T wasn't much help telling me how to make it work with their 2-wire modem/router/etc.

I'll try again later, thanks agian.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Skizoke
Sarnak

I got a new dsl modem that has no built in firewall and I still cannot ping any computer on this network from outside the network. All 3 machines are running vista.

After more research it appears there is a problem with vista and ping. I'm still trying to figure out how to enable it.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:26 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skizoke View Post
I got a new dsl modem that has no built in firewall and I still cannot ping any computer on this network from outside the network. All 3 machines are running vista.

After more research it appears there is a problem with vista and ping. I'm still trying to figure out how to enable it.
You still need to port foward in the router to the proper system. The router may not have a "Firewall" but it still kinda does Any system trying to reach a pc on your network will need the outside IP address, the one your provider provides. You then have to tell your router what machine on your network requests from the outside will be directed to. So for an example... any request for port 9000 will be told to router to 192.168.1.50 or whatever
Old 10-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Skizoke
Sarnak

I tried that too. I keep reading about a problem with vista and ping. It is the only thing that makes sense to me, I have literally tried everything and still cannot ping the server.

It's Vista 64 os with 8 gigs ram.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:18 PM
Sylaei
Hill Giant

In order to ping the router from outside, you'll need to make sure port 7 (echo) is not blocked. Even then it will only allow you to ping the router, not the device inside.

If I remember right my error log was saying that the authenication was failling. Try forwarding all ports to the eqemu server pc. That should work. From there we can try to close the ones that aren't needed. Kind of seems like overkill but you have had this issue a while.

Are you running the windows firewall? Try turning it off first.

Albert Einstein