Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:25 AM
prickle
Hill Giant

That did it. Turns out I have a combination of issues to sort:

1) Desktop Short-cut was wonkie and was running the eqgame.exe from a UF client folder but looking for resource files in the RoF folder ... got that fixed up and the client appears to work the way it should (was able to log into PEQ w/ RoF client).

2) Discovered an issue w/ my server. It appears i may have missed a db update or two and might need to update my quests repo.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:26 AM
prickle
Hill Giant

well, i'm not sure what the deal is. It's now showing i have 0 character slots available, and my existing toons aren't allowed to zone in.

i'm tired. i'll give it another go tomorrow.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:31 PM
prickle
Hill Giant

progress yay!

I updated my source and used the new CMake system to compile the latest and i'm now able to get into the game env with both my UF and my RoF clients.

now to get bots working... I set EQEMU_ENABLE_BOTS to ON during "cmake -i" but it appears that I may have missed something else, because i'm currently getting "You cannot spawn any bots" when i attempt to "#bot spawn <name>" in game.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:51 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

that's because you have the BotQuest rule enabled, your gm flag is off, and your bot_spawn_limit qglobal is set to 0.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:59 PM
prickle
Hill Giant

Ah! It was the GM flag. Is there a way to disable the "#gm on" (that doesn't require changing source code?) requirement before spawning bots?

thanks for the help!
Old 01-19-2013, 05:06 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

no, it wasn't the GM flag. again, it's the Bots:BotQuest rule in the database. yours is set to 'true'. if you don't intend to require a quest to be completed to allow a client to spawn bots, you want to set this to 'false'.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:43 PM
prickle
Hill Giant

No ... the DB has the settings you say I should have...

Code:
mysql> SELECT * FROM `rule_values` WHERE `rule_name` LIKE 'Bot%';
+------------+-----------------------+------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| ruleset_id | rule_name             | rule_value | notes                                                                                                                           |
+------------+-----------------------+------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|          1 | Bots:BotSpellQuest    | false      | Anita Thrall's (Anita_Thrall.pl) Bot Spell Scriber quests.                                                                      |
|          1 | Bots:CreateBotCount   | 150        | Number of bots that each account can create                                                                                     |
|          1 | Bots:SpawnBotCount    | 71         | Number of bots a character can have spawned at one time, You + 71 bots is a 12 group raid                                       |
|          1 | Bots:BotQuest         | false      | Optional quest method to manage bot spawn limits using the quest_globals name bot_spawn_limit, see: /bazaar/Aediles_Thrall.pl   |
|          1 | Bots:BotGroupBuffing  | false      | Bots will cast single target buffs as group buffs, default is false for single. Does not make single target buffs work for MGB. |
|          1 | Bots:BotManaRegen     | 3.0        | Adjust mana regen for bots, 1 is fast and higher numbers slow it down 3 is about the same as players.                           |
|          1 | Bots:BotFinishBuffing | false      | Allow for buffs to complete even if the bot caster is out of mana.  Only affects buffing out of combat.                         |
|          1 | Bots:BotAAExpansion   | 8          | The expansion through which bots will obtain AAs                                                                                |
8 rows in set (0.00 sec)
The Bots:BotQuest rule is set to False and always has been. I haven't changed it between my UF server and rebuilding for RoF. I've applied all of the DB patches that are available to bring me up to current.

Despite having the settings that you say the DB should have I still had to use "#gm on" in order to spawn my bots. So, assuming that I shouldn't need "#gm on" to spawn bots with my settings, that must mean there's either something wrong with my compile or there's a bug in the source somewhere...

I see more updates have been committed since i compiled earlier this morning. I'll recompile with the new commits to see if that changes anything.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:34 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

The only way to get that exact error is to have that rule enabled.

Code:
if(RuleB(Bots, BotQuest) && !c->GetGM()) {
	const int allowedBots = AllowedBotSpawns(c->CharacterID(), &TempErrorMessage);

if(!TempErrorMessage.empty()) {
		c->Message(13, "Database Error: %s", TempErrorMessage.c_str());
		return;
	}

if(allowedBots == 0) {
		c->Message(0, "You cannot spawn any bots.");
		return;
	}
What compiler are you using, and are you compiling for 32 or 64 bit?
Old 01-19-2013, 09:53 PM
prickle
Hill Giant

I'm compiling with gcc 64bit ...

when I run 'cmake -i' i also disable the -O2 and -O3 optimizations because the server borks and dumps clients like hot cakes on login if i don't (stringstream thing)...

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...d.php?p=182629

Other people are experiencing the same -O optimization issues in Linux. A new thread popped up last week about it, and it has links to 2 other threads on the issue.

Also, I'm compiling on Linux ... this thread was in the development area when I started posting in it... then it got moved to 'Windows Servers' some time today...
Old 01-19-2013, 10:25 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

There has been an issue with 64-bit and bool rules before. *shrug*
Old 01-19-2013, 10:32 PM
sorvani
Dragon

pretty sure those are all worked out.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:52 PM
prickle
Hill Giant

well... I noticed I don't have a bot_spawn_limit entry in my quest_globals table.

I'm pretty sure i've never had it, but just in case i've started searching the sql files for the one that creates that entry in the quest_globals table, and so far the only "bot_spawn_limit" entries i'm finding are in the comments section of the rule_values table :\

bah... I just enabled the quest NPC and hailed him that created the "bot_spawn_limit" table entry for me.

I got GM-less bots working again, not quite the way I expected, but it's working again.

Thanks for the help everyone.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:55 PM
prickle
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorvani View Post
pretty sure those are all worked out.
looks like it may have popped back up? I have my rule_values Bots:BotQuest entry set to "false" and I still ended up having to do the quest to get my bots working again :\
Old 01-19-2013, 11:06 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

so you got to work by toggling the rule on and off because it created the bot_spawn_limit qglobal? weird. it shouldn't have even checked for the value of the qglobal if the rule was false. i'm assuming it's set to 0 still?
Old 01-19-2013, 11:31 PM
prickle
Hill Giant

Not quite. I had no bot_spawn_limit entry in quest_globals, but it seems that my server was checking for it even though rule_values.Bots:BotQuest was set to false.

So, to make bots work without GM, I enabled the Quest NPC and started the quest to get the quest_globals.bot_spawn_limit entry.

Then I manually edited the quest_global.bot_spawn_limit entry and set it to a non-0 value, because I didn't want to do the quest, and my server is still checking that entry even though rule_values.Bots:BotQuest is set to false.

I did try setting rule_values.Bots:BotQuest to true and then back to false, but no matter what it's set to the server acts like it's always set to true. It was set to false at the start of this problem. It's set back to false right now.

I tried removing the bot_spawn_limit entry after cycling the Bots:BotQuest back to false, and the server instantly gave me the "You cannot spawn any bots" error.

It's definitely weird.