Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:00 PM
Adcid
Fire Beetle

Default More of a router config issue than anything...

I've got my server up and running. Honestly this is my 3rd one. Each one has gotten better and I'm now trying to allow friends to play on it.

I have no problems with any computers on the local LAN, but when someone trys to connect in the server select is errors out.

I know the issue is with my router, but the settings are a bit confusing to me.

what im looking at is two sets of variables.

In my routers port forwarding I have

Code:
Local IP:
Local Start Port
Local End Port

External IP
External Start Port
External End Port

Protocol
I know the local IP.
I know the protocol.

I understand the port range 7000-7100 and 9000. The question is, do i put the start and end for both internal and external or what?
Old 12-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Nibiuno
Hill Giant

Is your internal IP address the same as the external? If you goto whatismyip.com, does that address match your LAN address?

In some routers, you have to put the external IP (from whatismyip.com) and the port into those fields, and your LAN ip into the local ip fields. Ports should match.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:50 PM
Adcid
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibiuno View Post
Is your internal IP address the same as the external? If you goto whatismyip.com, does that address match your LAN address?

In some routers, you have to put the external IP (from whatismyip.com) and the port into those fields, and your LAN ip into the local ip fields. Ports should match.
Thanks for the tip. My external IP was of course different than my internal. I've opened ports, now ill just need to wait till one of my buddies can try and log in later.