Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:26 AM
AdrianD
Discordant

Default Skills problem: stuck on a certain value

I've been playing/testing on my server recently. One of the dozens of issues noted is the stagnation of certain skills at a specific number. All other skills seem to be working fine up to the point I am at in the game and are falling in line with the skill_caps table I altered in the database.

Character:

24 Barbarian Warrior

Problem skills:

All weapon skills (1hb, 1hs, 2hb, 2hs, piercing)

Offense

Defense

These skills seem to have capped at 113. Each of these skills should have a cap of 125 for this particular character at this time. As stated above, other skills, including other characters' skills, appear to be fine up to this point and are adhering to the skill_caps table.

I've tried altering the Character:SkillCapMaxLevel from -1 to 50 in the rules_values table to no avail.

The Character:MaxExpLevel in the rules_values table is set to 50.

The `level` column in the skill_caps table goes to 50 for each skill listed, corresponding to the Character:MaxExpLevel of 50. I truncated the main table from the main DB I used to create a classic DB.

There are a total of four other class/skill combinations which have a termination point of 113. Throwing (skill 51) for warriors (1), rangers (4) and monks (7) and sneak (skill 42) for monks (7). Not that this has anything to do with it. *I changed monk throwing noticing my error.

Bash, kick, parry, dodge, double attack and dual wield are all capped according to the skill_caps table.

I use a titanium client and my goal with the server is classic. I've done quite a bit with the DB on both small and large scale but I have a ways to go.

Diverging from the title of this post, I have several pages of issues noted. While many of these issues are simple database changes or quest writing, many others are not. Rather than flood the forum with all my questions and conversely, rather than spend all my time trying to research each issue, I would prefer to submit the issues I need help with to a willing recipient(s) and chip away at it that way.

Maybe I am wasting my time trying to fix all these issues when there is something out there 'whole' which would be much closer to what I want than what I have now.

Thanks
Old 07-25-2015, 10:48 PM
AdrianD
Discordant

Not a lot of traffic these days...

I'll try a different question to test the waters.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:29 AM
rhyotte
Hill Giant

Most likely just a slow day... Watching this with interest.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:38 AM
AdrianD
Discordant

Always a slow day when I need help!

Or at least that's the way it feels...

Nah, I have plenty of other issues I can actually deal with to keep my mind off this.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:48 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
Not a lot of traffic these days...

I'll try a different question to test the waters.
It's the summer and this is typical. Plus your questions are inquiring about very specific things in which only a few really have time vested in the preciseness of this part of the source.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:23 AM
Burningsoul
Discordant

Akka with the truth serum. Wait a bit, people far smarter than I will eventually chime in. Summer sucks for EQEmu dev work - real life never rolls less than a perfect d20 roll, and it gets a bonus when month = >5 AND <9.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:12 AM
AdrianD
Discordant

This fact, Akka, is something I gathered after searching the source and not knowing exactly what I am looking for. Since you're an admin, you can easily see where I have been related to this site.

Trying to learn it on my own with the tools I have is frustrating. I don't learn as well this way. It's worse than chinese.

I need a nudge of understanding and I am certain this will keep me going for a while until the next nudge is required, if you understand my meaning.

Regardless, there is plenty I can do and learn on my own.

Thanks for the responses.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:42 AM
NatedogEZ
Developer

The skill caps are hard coded on the Titanium client. Meaning there is no SkillCaps.txt file in the Resources folder.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:39 AM
AdrianD
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatedogEZ View Post
The skill caps are hard coded on the Titanium client. Meaning there is no SkillCaps.txt file in the Resources folder.
I know it's early...

Quote:
Character:

24 Barbarian Warrior

Problem skills:

All weapon skills (1hb, 1hs, 2hb, 2hs, piercing)

Offense

Defense

These skills seem to have capped at 113. Each of these skills should have a cap of 125 SNIP
* I looked for that file and wasn't aware, until now, this was the case.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:42 PM
AdrianD
Discordant

This issue seems to have been resolved. I am uncertain what occurred to fix it but, I have a fairly decent hunch.

I downloaded recent source for a new system and did all the stuff you do to make it work. I wish I could tell you what it was exactly. I'll have to settle for it just working.

Thank you to those who assisted me.