Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2021, 04:06 PM
Vaulicet
Fire Beetle

Default Mercenary Query Altering 'merchant_id' Question (PEQ)

My offline PEQ server works until I add mercenaries. The mercenaries and merc vendors themselves work fine.

Normal vendors, however, show no items to purchase and I think I know why.

The MySQL query I've used to add mercs sets my general 'merchant_id', and I'm wondering if the following might just be a typo or specific to the database the author of this query was using at the time (final line):

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `merc_merchant_entries`;
CREATE TABLE `merc_merchant_entries` (
`merc_merchant_entry_id` int(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`merc_merchant_template_id` int(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
`merchant_id` int(11) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,

Note that the query focuses entirely on 'merc_merchant[...]' values and only once at the end alters simply 'merchant_id'.

Can I just change this 'merchant_id' value in this query to reflect some universal number for what this ought to be? Is this specific to my database and represents a value I should provide instead?

I'm using a possibly older version of PEQ database installer and ROF2 client, with the addition of a MySQL query to implement mercenaries posted in the forums somewhere around here.

Finally, dumb question: I'm new to this, so does it matter in what order I close my multiple server windows after logging out of Norrath? I ask because I know the database is updated by the client, and without knowing the proper way to shutdown the server, I've clicked it all off in a different sequence each time, and twice I've experienced problems zoning into (new) Nektulos from both Neriak and ECommons, where my character cannot move and loses hair, sky doesn't appear, distant land elements vanish, and NPCs all float high up in the air). Setting GM status and #zone Halas gets me killed and returned to Nektulos, where everything is fine again for some reason.

I am deeply appreciative of the hard work that went into all of this! Just stuck on these two items or maybe they could be related?

Thank you!