Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Linux Servers

Archive::Linux Servers Archive area for Linux Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 04-26-2004, 04:26 PM
Spike
Discordant

Default Making a linux server noob here!

I have compiled a linux server. Now, I uploaded it to my ftp browser, and I want to use the CRON JOBS to activate it...

Problem is im a newbie at cron jobs and dont understand how to use them. I know that there is probobly a certain command I type in to activate this file and make it activate the server.

Old 04-27-2004, 08:56 AM
alpha42
Fire Beetle

Running an EQemu server off a shared hosting account?

You do realize odds are your host will smack you silly and terminate your account before you get even a couple users playing, yes?

cPanel (the hosting control panel your host appears to be using) has a built-in method of watching for background running processes and tracking how much processortime/memory/mysql their using... so unless your host knows what your planning and approves it (or that entire box is yours, and there is no real host, which I doubt, most people with whole boxes know how to use cron, and wouldn't be trying to do it via cPanel).... or they're seriously asleep at the wheel I give your server about 6 hours tops before it gets whacked, and your account with it.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:49 AM
Spike
Discordant

Ok ide like to give it a shot and gamble at it. Could you just help me with the command based on the pictures I took please?