Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:49 PM
Davood
Discordant

Default Does anyone want some free server hosting?

I have been running two servers for a few years now, one mine and one for someone else; I no longer have time to do complex development on my own server

I only have time for occasional maintenance; ill advertise periodically when I remember to, but anyways

i will continue running my own custom eq server until someone steps in to either

1. take over development
2. replace it with their own stuff

and the other server i'm running for a friend is staying; lots of people are playing on it according to my database stats

technical bits:

I have no bandwidth limit; but I am limited by upload, I doubt you will reach that unless you make something of PEQ quality; in which case we can easily figure something out

my servers are all run through VMs with raid-mirroring on the storage side;
everything is backed up reguarily, and there are 4 UPS devices connected to the networking/server portion of the server

As far as your integration and access if you so choose to take over or replace my eq server spot: I can provide any operating system or remote manager you need/want, I just need 1 day and I can prepare the environment for you.

Also,
I am a DBA in real life, so I know some database stuff - I can help you if you get stuck updating things, or want to find out certain things about your players/etc.

I just don't have inifinite time anymore to build :(
Old 11-23-2011, 01:13 AM
liquest
"Special" Member

I would totally make use of this Ive been wanting to run my own server for a good while....So many ideas have been floating around in my heads for some odd years now. Sadly my PC is out of commission and i am unable to play anything which provides no help to running a server haha.

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein
Old 11-23-2011, 12:28 PM
Davood
Discordant

If you are serious send me a pm and we can figure out how you will acesss it

you obviously have access to a pc if you are posting. but is it at home?
Old 11-24-2011, 01:41 AM
liquest
"Special" Member

Ive been posting from my phone. gotta love smart phones.

If there was a way to access a DB via phone that would be lovely but i cannot work on it until a PC comes in for me

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein
Old 11-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Davood
Discordant

It's not going to work out unless you have an actual pc to do some development / testing with.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:25 AM
DarkShaman666
Fire Beetle

Davood, I sent you a PM!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:19 AM
Kavanah
Sarnak

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!! I have been wanting to do this for a few years now and I am just not computer savvy enough to get a server up and running nor does my computer stay on 24/7 to host and I can't afford to buy hosting space. I would love to possibly take your server and edit the db from where it is. I have some really good ideas for a server and would love to share them with you if you wish. Hit me up!
Old 01-23-2012, 09:26 AM
zerjz3
Banned

I have been coming up with item/quest/zone ideas for a custom legit server but I lack the resources to actually run the server myself. This sounds like a perfect fit. Is this still available?