Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-19-2004, 01:20 PM
stevey6k
Fire Beetle

Default Hi everybody!

Wow am I happy I found out about this site, this is great! I've finally gotten into the world of free MMORPG's, first starting with Lineage 2 yesterday and now I can't wait to get on EQemu! But, I have a problem...

Ok, first off here's how I installed...

1. Tried to install, messed up.
2. Tried to install, messed up.
3. " "
4. I think this was the time I said 'Ugh', and I tried this during maybe the 2nd step but didn't complete it because I was frustrated, here's what I tried; Well, it seemed after letting it install one file every 5 minutes off the cd that I had enough files to start up the updater, where it didn't seem to be updating, it said something along the lines of adding the files that I currently didn't have on my pc, due to the installer not working right. Well, I got everything set up right, but now it says when I try to log on after I put in my name/pass something like "connecting.. please wait".... Well, how long do I have to wait? Is it normally along the lines of four months or is something wrong? I'm gonna go let it stay at that screen for about 10 mins, and hopefully if it hasn't worked and I come back there will be an answer. Please no flames, I'm not a noob to the computing world or any of that, and my pc doesn't suck, I just had a bit of bad luck this time.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:26 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Unfortunately our server code is a few patches behind the current client. Everybody's been holding their current version without patching since June 22. If you're new here, of course, you don't have that luxury :(

We just started packet-collecting for the current live version -- that's always a good sign we're getting closer. But, in the mean time, the best I can tell you is, patch to the current (8/19/04) version, then don't patch that folder again unless you hear from the EQEmu devs. I recommend saving a backup copy of the folder in case you accidentally patch or otherwise mess it up.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:39 PM
stevey6k
Fire Beetle

Alright thanks, and eh, I'll try reinstalling, yet again.. Who knows, maybe that and if I wear a tin foil hat will make it work. :arrow:
Old 08-19-2004, 01:40 PM
stevey6k
Fire Beetle

Oh, also, I have EQ evolution, I believe it's EQ plus five or so expansions. Are there any certain expansions I need installed or anything along the lines of that?
Old 08-19-2004, 02:35 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

I'd suggest checking all expansions in the patcher to make sure you have all zones downloaded. Even if you don't have 1 or 2 expansions enabled in your Live account, it's up to the serverop of each Emu server as to which expansions to enable on Emu. So, to make sure you have access to all the zones, just download the files for all expansions.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 08-19-2004, 02:48 PM
stevey6k
Fire Beetle

So I SHOULD patch?

Oh wait a sec... I don't need a live account do I? As in, still paying a monthly fee? I used to, for like a month, then I got tired of this game. Well it's a good game, it's just I couldn't really afford the monthly fee... I was thinking this didn't require any monthly fees being sent anywhere, so I could play for free. Lineage 2 is free with an emu.... Arg, no idea, I'm tired, can't concentrate.. Sum it up for me! Heh, please.
Old 08-19-2004, 02:57 PM
bluejam
Hill Giant

No, as long as SOE doesn't add the Launchpad, you won't need a EQLive account. Just click on "Advanced" or "Options" (something like that) when the patcher window comes up, checking for updates. There you can select every expansion which you'd like to download. Even if you don't own an expansion (bought it), you will still be able to download all the files neccesary to play it on the Emu.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:07 AM
stevey6k
Fire Beetle

But after downloading those expansions, in the mist of all that did it patch my game?

Well they're all downloaded anyways, so I'm gonna go try it out, pray for me!
Old 08-20-2004, 01:16 AM
stevey6k
Fire Beetle

Arg. Heh, figures this happens to me, after I tried to throw away my EQ game, my mom made me save it. Now I find out about this, and I'm happy I saved the game, but I can't even get it to work! Hooplah, it's just my luck.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:05 AM
stevey6k
Fire Beetle

Hah, wow... I just tried to make my own EQ server to try to see if I could find a problem with my game, but I couldn't figure that stuff out, not even to save the president. Wow.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:20 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

yes, downloading the expansions does patch your game. So you can't play until the game is made compatible with live. You couldn't of played anyways with a fresh cd install, thats why it didn't matter if you patched or not.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:58 AM
stevey6k
Fire Beetle

Ah, so I have to sit here and wait.... That SUCKS! Heh, ah well... I pay for City of Heroes anyways, so I might as well play that. So I have to wait till in the guide where it says 'ok' right? To play EQ?