Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 12-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Derision
Developer

If I understand you correctly you want to write some sort of encounter, such as a boss spawns adds when it gets to x% of health and other things like that.

If so, that's not my area of expertise, so I recommend you either look at existing raid encounters (look at the .pl files in the zone
a particular raid mob spawns in), or post more details of what you want to do and wait for one of the gurus in that area to come along
Old 12-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Bdiddy
Sarnak

got a slight hiccup, I wanted to make the task repeatable but it doesn't seem to work. I've made the repeatable field in the tasks table both 1 and then 0 and restarted the server both times and i couldn't get the quest again. Also tried #task reloadall
Old 12-15-2010, 03:31 AM
trevius
Developer

If you want it to be repeatable, just remove the !quest::istaskcompleted() check in the EVENT_SAY.

As for making a fight more than just tank and spank, there is no simple answer to that question and I would suggest starting a new thread once you figure out what you want it to do if you can't figure out how to do it yourself. That said; it isn't likely people are just going to write your encounters for you. If you are trying to learn on your own, then Derision's suggestion is probably your best bet. You will want to find a similar existing encounter that works something like what you want to create, and then examine that .pl file to see how the PEQ team did it. There are endless possibilities for special encounters. They can range from simple stuff like spawning adds or casting spells at certain times to more complex stuff that involves multiple NPCs, and special strats to beat the encounter. You definitely want to start simple and work your way up from there as you learn more. The wiki is full of great quest information to help guide you along the way.

Some of this stuff can be pretty complicated, and the wiki can help if you take the time to really read through it and try to figure out what is needed. For complex stuff like the task system, there is no simple way to explain it well enough and cover enough information.