Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 07-03-2016, 07:28 AM
eqrage
Sarnak

Default Selectively enable content per expansion

Hi everyone.

First of all, please allow me to commend the volunteers who put in the hours and the talent, bring this amazing software to the people. Hat is off.

I'm relatively new to running an EQEmu server. I started work on one very recently and have a couple questions and will have many more, I'm sure.

My goal is to make a server that will unroll expansions at a particular speed, at start the server will be in Classic EQ only, then unroll Kunark, Velious, etc.

My question is: what is the best way to "hide" content from expansions that I don't want to be available yet?

I set the World::ExpansionSettings to 0. That didn't do anything. The Captain's Skiffs in Butcher still spawn and take you to TD.

I set the Expansions variable to 2 (supposedly, means Classic only). This didn't change anything. Boats still there, and I can do #zone greatdivide and whatnot.

I ended up setting the spawn chance of the Captain's Skiff in Butcher to 0% and this worked, obviously.

I'm a little worried that to hide/unhide content per expansion, I'm going to have to go through all items, all spells, all spawns and all NPCs and do it all by hand. Am I right? This is how I'm supposed to do it?

Or maybe there's some kind of "flag" that, say, allows to "untick" all Velious-era spells / items / etc ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:12 AM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

First - #zone doesn't mean much if you're a GM. It'll ignore expansion settings and take you anywhere. Try it as a regular character.

Second - If you don't want boats, remove the spawns for them (like you did). Expansion settings do NOT correlate to NPC spawns.

Quote:
I'm a little worried that to hide/unhide content per expansion, I'm going to have to go through all items, all spells, all spawns and all NPCs and do it all by hand. Am I right? This is how I'm supposed to do it?
That is exactly how you're supposed to do it. That's why not everybody does a TLP server. It's not that simple to do.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:26 AM
eqrage
Sarnak

Ok, thanks. I hoped that there would be some kind of "flag" for every item, quest etc... which would tell the expansion it is from, and that would allow for easy removal of big chunks of unwanted content.

Maybe one day
Old 07-04-2016, 11:34 AM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

Shin is working on a project to do something like this. I'm not sure how far along he is on it, but you could look into that.

https://github.com/xackery/eqcleanup

Also, you should really search the forums for this stuff. Most of this has been answered 4 or 5 times already over the years
Old 07-04-2016, 11:42 AM
eqrage
Sarnak

I swear I do search the forums every single time before I ask a question.

Sometimes I find the answer, sometimes I don't - and ask it here.