Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 11-07-2014, 01:22 AM
Gaedel
Fire Beetle

Default New server on VirtualBox Debian 7.7 and client issues

From a fresh PC reboot, disabled anti-virus and firewall, I was able to get the public server list when logging into the client.

I exited the list and started my new VirtualBox eqemu install on Debian 7.7 server. I then tried logging into the client using the same shortcut and no client changes and received an error "DB Error: Invalid password". I then changed the eqhost.txt to 5999 and used the same shortcut. This time I received the following message:

"There have been 1426083397 failed login attempts on your account since the last time you logged in."

After clicking OK, it took me to an empty server screen. The anti-virus and firewall are still disabled.

I am running with a new Everquest Platinum install copied to a new folder, shortcut target is:
C:\EQEmu\EverQuest\eqgame.exe patchme

Would enabling my eqemu server cause that many failed login attempts? I wouldn't think so since the eqemu server doesn't even have my eqemu public login anywhere. The accounts table is blank since this is a new install.

Any ideas on why I might be getting a blank server list after turning on my server? I turned off my server and closed VirtbualBox and still no server list. Why would I get the server list upon initial login, but no more after enabling my server, even after turning it back off. Is something being cached? Any other ideas?

I used the server setup from this link:
http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?EQEmu_o...n_7_Virtualbox
Old 11-08-2014, 05:44 PM
Gaedel
Fire Beetle

I am able to log in and get the server list on 5998. However, success is very sporadic. Sometimes I am able to log in, others tell me my password is invalid without changing a thing. I also was able to see my servers, both the one created on my Win7 using the "AKKA'S PEQ REPACK" as well as the Debian7 setup. I created 4 characters on my Debian7 server and was able to log into each. I then exited the game and launcher, then tried immediately to log right back in and received the Invalid Password error. Kept trying and finally was able to log in. This time I saw my server at the bottom and clicked on the Quick Login and loaded the character list, but all my characters are gone. I check my database and they still exist. I created a new character and it did not appear in my Characters table, so I assume the quick login took me elsewhere. I then exited the launcher and tried logging in again and received the Invalid Password error again. I'll have to figure out why, unless someone has some pointers.