Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 04-29-2006, 10:15 AM
InsaneWallaby
Sarnak

Default "Enter World" Problems

Lets try this again...maybe my post will work...

I have a problem playing the game. I can log on a server fine. I can create a character fine. I have run the EQ version checker, and I have the same version as others. I am running a fresh install of Titanium. I have killed all firewalls, antivirus programs, and background programs. However, despite this, whenever I click "Enter World" from the character selection screen, I cannot enter; the program hangs for a few minutes and times out instead, booting me back to the login screen. I have even tried it completely unprotected. I have tried three different servers, all with matching versions, and three different cities to login to, Cabilis, Freeport, and Qeynos, each to no avail. I am running a freshly reformatted NTFS file system, Windows XP, and have updated all of my video drivers for my ATI Sapphire video card. this video card has worked in the past a few years ago with a previous version of EQ and EQEmu, around the same time that Plains of Power was released. Other 3D games, including Doom 3 and the highly buggy Dungeon Lords as well as the extremely memory intensive MMORPG Rubies of Eventide worked extremely well on my computer, so the problem is not universal.

Hah, and I thought making a server would be the hard part. I can't even seem to get into the world on this game. Does anybody have any suggestions for my problem? I could not find the answer on the forum or in SonyEQ support, so any help would be appreciated. Oh, and lastly, I am not sure if this problem reproduces itself on live. Thanks!

Amazing! Finally worked. Deleted my parenthesis and hyphens...odd...
Old 04-29-2006, 01:06 PM
attempt37
Fire Beetle

Are you sure that you are trying to log into 0.7.0 servers? Titanium installs will only work with version 0.7.0 servers. If anything I would think this is a version mismatch error, but if you are attempting to login to the 0.7.0 servers then it might be something else.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:10 PM
InsaneWallaby
Sarnak

Yes; one of the servers listed was the big one from the two servers at the top of the list. Sorry, I can't get specifics, because I'm working right now. Ahh, the joys of a leisurely job. Anyways, though, all three servers I tried were listed as 0.7.0 servers. I wish it was as simple as that, trust me, I truly do.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:17 AM
InsaneWallaby
Sarnak

Default More workings into my problem...

So, yeah, I decided to blow that free 30 day subscription thingy on EQ to see if it was a graphics card issue. So, I patched and whatnot so that I could try out normal Everquest. They wanted my credit card information on the account, though, and I couldn't play until I subscribed despite having 30 days free, so I decided to give up.

Well, about 3 days later, I got an email saying "You haven't played on your 30 days yet, so now your account is activated!" And, sure enough, it was. Onward I went...

Anyways, normal Everquest worked fine. I was able to create a character, hit enter world, and start playing with no problems whatsoever. I even killed a few things and chatted with a friend from four years back in the game, found out how some of the top guilds in the game disbanded and servers merged, ran around for an hour, and so on, without crashing once. So, my computer is not the problem, but I still cannot play everquest from a fresh install of titanium (without the patches, of course.) It always boots me when I select a character and hit the "enter world" button. Is it possible that some versions of titanium are different from install? I did the version checker, and it spat back the same thing as many other people had for a version--all of which worked for them, but not for me. I have no viruses on this computer; I'm actually checking it once again right now.

Anyways, this is one gargantuan mystery for me. Please help!
Old 05-02-2006, 01:10 PM
attempt37
Fire Beetle

I dunno what could be the problem then. You should be able to log into 0.7.0 servers without a problem with a fresh titanium install.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:53 AM
InsaneWallaby
Sarnak

Default Argh!

This is quite frustrating. I'm going to try installing it on my laptop tonight. I went through the setup for the client and all, and despite following the steps, have no had no luck on this computer. Normal everquest works fine when patching. There wasn't anything that I missed, such as a set of client files or a patcher or something that adds custom EQEmu content (ONLY, of course), was there? If there was, well then, I feel pretty dumb right now. Anyways, let's see if EQEmu just particularily HATES this computer, and maybe I can get somewhere from there...if not, then I've got a few more ideas up my sleeve still...I'm going to get my 20 bucks worth, dangit! =P
Old 05-04-2006, 10:22 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

I don't understand all the message (i don't speak english very well)

Everquest titanium fresh patched work with the Real everquest (You suscribe one month).
but Everquest titanium without any patch don't work with Eqemu 0.7 server ?

have you follow this guide ? : http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...akka=PlayGuide
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.

Last edited by Belfedia; 05-04-2006 at 06:24 PM..
Old 05-04-2006, 11:11 AM
InsaneWallaby
Sarnak

I've followed that guide and done more. I know my computer and normal, paid, patched everquest itself get along fine. For whatever reason, my computer and EQEmu do NOT get along fine, despite a fresh install of Titanium with no patches. My Titanium version matches those of other people, and theirs works. My firewall is not the problem; I've turned it off completely and still could not run EQEmu. My antivirus is not the problem, either. I've turned it off, too. I am not behind some giant router of doom on a university campus; I am the network administrator on my home router, and I have also tried removing that firewall. Windows firewall is not up. My background program list does not seem to be the problem, as I have shut down all programs possible with no further results. My video card is fine; the game works perfectly when not playing EQEmu. I am running a Windows XP NTFS operating system, and that is a legit version of it, as well, so its not like it would be the OS.

Still stumped. Going to try a few more ideas. Don't know if anything will work, though...

And, I figure I should clarify now, not out of annoyance but rather because of past forum experiences for many games.... DON'T TELL ME TO LOOK AT THE GUIDE. I'VE DONE IT ALREADY, AND MY SITUATION IS UNIQUE AND UNFORTUNATE.

Last edited by InsaneWallaby; 05-04-2006 at 07:14 PM..
Old 05-04-2006, 04:17 PM
rojadruid
Discordant

just curious post the contents of your hosts file.

Here's mine

# MXpie patch Revision: 2.9
# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost
192.168.1.xxx game.242.ca #game.242.ca equals fqdn of externalip

Innoruuk Server [legit]
Server Admin.
Server Status: UP
Old 05-05-2006, 02:57 PM
InsaneWallaby
Sarnak

Uhhh, does that matter? I am working on playing at this time, not making a server...that comes later. I'll check 'er out, though.

My hosts file on my laptop consists of only the localhost. It works fine. Will probably have to change to run a server, though...but I can do that later.

My laptop runs EQEmu fine with the same install CD. It had some visual problems, but that was because of the widescreen and was fixable by using a full screen mode instead of windowed mode. So, it is my computer. Gotta figure this out...

Oh, and I just checked out my hosts file. Same deal on my desktop computer (the one with the problem). I've got a few more ideas brewing. I'll say if I find anything out.

Last edited by InsaneWallaby; 05-05-2006 at 11:32 PM..
Old 05-06-2006, 06:17 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Be sure you've tried several different servers and can reproduce the problem on each of them. Sometimes the specific server is to blame.

As well, try the character creation with varying names, races, and classes. Maybe it's something with the specific race/class combo that's being a problem.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:15 AM
InsaneWallaby
Sarnak

I have tried three different servers, all with matching versions, and three different cities to login to, Cabilis, Freeport, and Qeynos, each to no avail.

I believe I said that earlier. And thus, two different races, and three different classes. No luck.

Meanwhile, the Iksar Monk starting in Cabilis worked just fine for me on my laptop with the same CD for install and all. Problem with my laptop is that I use it for business and school, not for gaming, and it is not really meant for gaming in the first place.

Are there any known RAM issues or video card issues with EQEmu over normal Everquest? Or, perhaps motherboard issues?
Old 05-06-2006, 07:41 AM
InsaneWallaby
Sarnak

Well, I think I know the problem. Since I can play normal everquest, but not EQEmu, and since the same install with the same CD works on another computer on the same network, but does not work with mine, and since the computer, even when unprotected (no firewalls/antiviruses), cannot connect to EQEmu servers, there must be a snippet of code within the whole EQEmu setup that just does not like my computer. Not that it is any developer's fault, mind you--every once in a while, there is just a rogue computer that does not work. The same goes for any computer program written. Seems that mine is just one of those computers that really make the devs and support scratch their head in confusion.

Well, I guess I'll go back to programming then. Not much else to do right now; boring times until summer classes start up.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:47 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

I'd had a similar problem a few versions ago where it was rather hit-and-miss as to whether I could enter world. If I couldn't, it would hang and time out much like yours does. The two tidbits of info I was able to submit to them helped them tweak something about the server code that elminated the problem:

(1) If you can install Ethereal, collect packets on what's happening from the time you connect to the worldserver till you time out after hanging in Entering World

(2) Include the DBG.TXT that your eq client will produce which should have some gripe about it lost communication with the world or zone server
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:18 AM
InsaneWallaby
Sarnak

Thanks for the info, Ranger. I'll be sure to do that.