Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:52 AM
Toonztes
Fire Beetle

Default Windows application Error on one account only multiple computers

trying to log into my of my accounts last night and i encountered a windows application error, i can get the exact code if necessary, restarted computer, fresh installed eq to no avail. After some more trial and error it only occurs when logging in on that specific account on ANY computer in the household. I am able to play just fine on any other account and can even use that specific account to play on other servers (Error only occurs when trying to connec to PEQ Grand Creation) evidence would suggest its not an error on my end, any thoughts anyone?
Old 03-26-2014, 04:50 AM
Uleat
Developer

At what point do you get the error? Just before the character select screen, or are you able to select a character?

Compilin' Dirty
Old 03-26-2014, 06:19 AM
Toonztes
Fire Beetle

at about 40% of the load bar to the char select screen, right after quick server select or normal server select
Old 03-26-2014, 06:41 AM
Uleat
Developer

It's possible that you have a piece of armor or weapon that your client doesn't like...

During the process leading up to the character select screen, the server sends the client a basic character profile - including the equipment wear change info - so the client
knows what graphics to display on the cs screen.

You should contact the peq admins to see if they can assist you.

(EDIT: peq guys, if you get this guy back into game through equipment attrition, let me know what his race/class/client are along with id's for his gear are and I'll
see if I can replicate and fix this issue.)

Compilin' Dirty
Old 03-26-2014, 06:57 AM
Toonztes
Fire Beetle

i had just hit lvl 60 and equipped several new pieces of gear, but wouldnt if any conflict were present, it manifest when equipped? but going along with your theory i did have several pieces of new gear, 2 new weapons notably
Old 03-26-2014, 10:28 AM
sorvani
Dragon

not if you were actually desync'd and now have invalid items. Do as you were told and contact admins on the PEQ forums