Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 04-21-2004, 07:27 AM
bbaker1980
Fire Beetle

Default Loss of Items ...

I'm not positive if this is the place I'm supposed to be posting this, but here goes.

I upgraded to 5.6 and when I login, there are items missing, items in the wrong slot, etc. I think I saw somewhere that the dumpeditem SQL file is a fix for this (?), but I'm unsure how to use those files, their purpose, and where to put them. (I'm still very new - poke fun if needed though :lol: )

How do I fix this problem?
Old 04-21-2004, 10:53 AM
Monrezz
Dragon

Download the dumped items sql, then unzip it and source it into your database the same way your sourced MW.

mysql -u root -p -b eq (Enter root as password)
source dumpeditems.sql;
exit

kRPG Profile
Old 04-21-2004, 01:45 PM
RexChaos
Dragon

If I sourced this pre-5.6 do I need to do it again? I haven't noticed any problems myself, but one person reported losing items on the server. Also if I source the dumpeditems.sql it'll overwrite my customized gear right?
Old 04-22-2004, 03:47 AM
Monrezz
Dragon

Yes, it'll overwrite unless you manually re-source your custom content.

The dumpeditems.sql is updated automatically every 7 hours I believe, so it will always be up to date with latest live information (and structure).

kRPG Profile
Old 04-22-2004, 05:14 AM
RexChaos
Dragon

Any chance of JUST having one with the structure? If it was a blank structure with no data, would that keep things up to date without monkeying up my existing database? Just curious

Also, if I were to download that instead of trying to get a blank one, I could just wipe out all the datamyself and then source it into my database. If that would work...

And here I was thinking this would be fun.
Old 04-22-2004, 05:39 AM
Monrezz
Dragon

SHOW CREATE TABLE items;

Gives you the structure of the items table. If you want to change your current table you'll have to run an ALTER table command using the txt file for reference - see the Mysql website for documentation if you are unsure on how to do that.

kRPG Profile
Old 04-22-2004, 05:48 AM
RexChaos
Dragon

Thanks Mon. So much work...but oh so rewarding when someone logs on the server and goes /ooc "why cant i use ooc? what's custom on this? can i b gm plz!??!"

My taxes need to get to me quick...I need a vacation...