Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Database/World Building

Archive::Database/World Building Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 04-17-2004, 01:19 PM
WildcardX
Developer

Default Faction levels

Anyone know how many faction points = KOS to a mob? How many for indifferent, etc... I was hoping to make a chart that lists this.
Old 04-17-2004, 02:57 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Straight from the code:

Quote:
if(character_value >= 1101) return FACTION_ALLY;
if(character_value >= 701 && character_value <= 1100) return FACTION_WARMLY;
if(character_value >= 401 && character_value <= 700) return FACTION_KINDLY;
if(character_value >= 101 && character_value <= 400) return FACTION_AMIABLE;
if(character_value >= 0 && character_value <= 100) return FACTION_INDIFFERENT;
if(character_value >= -100 && character_value <= -1) return FACTION_APPREHENSIVE;
if(character_value >= -700 && character_value <= -101) return FACTION_DUBIOUS;
if(character_value >= -999 && character_value <= -701) return FACTION_THREATENLY;
if(character_value <= -1000) return FACTION_SCOWLS;
return FACTION_INDIFFERENT;
Old 04-17-2004, 04:02 PM
WildcardX
Developer

sweet! thanks for looking that up for me.
Old 04-17-2004, 04:26 PM
WildcardX
Developer

I understand how to assign faction and how a killing a mob on a faction assigns a faction hit to the player, but what I don't get (and this is what confused me about the relationship of the various faction tables to each other) is how faction is determined when a mob has no faction in the first place. In other words, when a player kills a mob that does not return a "your faction has gotten worse" message.

Take mob id #2563, "a_hill_giant" for example... this mob has primaryfaction = 0 and in game, players will con "dubious" to this mob and the faction will never change. Now in Sony EQ, a hill giant doesnt have any faction hits but will con "KOS" to all players. This is what I want on my server as well, but while I can see how to make mobs KOS when they have faction, I dont see how to adjust a hill giants base faction to a player because it has no ties to the "faction_list" table in the DB where base faction would be stored.

Any ideas?
Old 04-17-2004, 05:23 PM
WildcardX
Developer

RangerDown answered this question for me in irc chat. For anyone else who is wondering, like me, this is how you give "invisible" faction to mobs that don't return faction hits, like lions, spiders, hill giants etc...

1. Create a record in faction_list and note the "id" field.

2. Note the npc_faction_id field from the npc_types table.

3. Create a record in the npc_faction table. Set the "id" field in this table = npc_types.npc_faction_id and "primaryfaction" = faction_list.id. Set "name" to whatever you'd like to name this faction. Name only matters for admin purposes, but best to enter in something that will still make sense to you months later.

4. Set the base faction for your mob in the faction_list table under the "base" field.

Later on, I might document the relationships between the 4 tables in the DB that affect faction and post it so we all have something for easy future reference.