Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Prophet00
Fire Beetle

Default Looking for a casual-ish server, suggestions?

Hey everybody!

A few of my friends and I recently got the itch to play EQ again and found this website, our only problem now is that we are looking for a server that fits us to play on. Our ideal server would be one that gives you just that old nostalgic EQ feel but a little easier for a casual player (ex. increased item drops, nothing like RIDICULOUS but a small reward once in a while to fill in the mundane. XP boost that isnt like 1/5 of your xp per mob but wont make you spend tons of time in a single zone. Also content thats not watered down so everything is still challenging.)

Any suggestions would be awesome, look forward to seeing some of you online! :]
Old 09-15-2012, 11:53 AM
atrayas
Hill Giant

I would suggest Nagafens lair. It has that old EQ feel to it with very little downtime (regen rates of hp and mana are both increased 20% out of combat). The content is still challenging but doable with 1-2 groups for raid content and most group content is doable with 1-3 people depending on your class.

Has a few custom quest, nothing gamebreaking, with a hub zone to minimize time running around the world.

Give us a shot, I personally enjoy this server more than any other emu server thus far but that is personal preference and you must try us to find out for yourself.

Nagafenserver.com
Old 09-15-2012, 12:18 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

I'm gonna go with http://www.clumsysworld.com.

One of the oldest running servers in the Emu community.
Dedicated, involved, and helpful Admins
Experience rate is 0.5 (50% of what is considered "1x"), which is still fairly fast and includes experience bonuses in newbie, dungeons and raid zones.
Progression-based (Classic feel)
No level limit on Vox/Naggy
Two different Progression paths which are independent of one-another
Custom raid mobs known as Ancients, which drop upgradeable weapons and armor.
Custom class augments which are upgradeable.
Ability to create any spell at any level
Old-world content rebalanced to be challenging
Hub zone
3-box limit
City Translocators
Raid Translocators
Progression Trackers
Veeshan's Peak 1.0
Cazic Thule 1.0
Plane of Hate 1.0
Plane of Fear 1.0
Custom vendors who sell CW specific items
Hosted on a powerful dedicated server with dedicated 100meg line.

Raiders are currently working on opening up Velious. Runs through VP and Ancients have begun. Velious testing is underway and will include a working 10th Ring War.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:31 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

I run Pelican's Solo/Small group server and it sounds like it may fit. It's individual progression through the first four expansions, and quests to get up to 2 bots to help you. Since it's individual progression, you aren't rushed to finish anything and there is always a challenge. It also has faster exp, increased loot drops, faster regeneration, and some custom content in PoK to make things less tedious.