Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:25 PM
thepoetwarrior
Discordant

Question Money in Char Blob

I know right now there is probably no way for me to check the plat on each toon in the database, but its something I was hoping someone can help with.

I have ServerStats1.1c that used to work 2 years ago, but doesn't work today cause maybe the character table changed a bit, or its too big (over 50k charactesr across 20k accounts) and has trouble loading player data.

Could any experts out there create a simple tool to search, view, sort, edit players plat? I'm pretty sure its in the Blob which is probably a nightmare.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:07 PM
trevius
Developer

If I can find it later, I will put up a tool that was shared with me a while back. I forget the name of the person who wrote it, but his name started with P. I hope he doesn't mind me sharing it, but I don't see why it would be an issue. I haven't used it in a long time, so not even sure if it still works, but I think it should.

Basically, it can view all plat on all chars, edit them 1 by 1, divide/multiply/add/subtract server-wide vs their current plat values, and a few other features. I get busy and might forget to get back to this for you, but if so, just message me or reply here to remind me again
Old 04-21-2010, 06:14 PM
Lillu
Hill Giant

Trev, I would appreciate this tool too. Thanks in advance!
Old 04-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Pyronasty
Fire Beetle

Yeah, no joke there :p
Old 04-23-2010, 02:11 PM
cybernine186
Sarnak

http://code.google.com/p/ultraeqeditor

I wrote this and haven't updated it in quite some time but it does work and work well.

With this you are able to edit just about ANYTHING that you would want to in a character. Including money, stats,name, etc.

The way it works is editing the blob in the character_ table directly and characters must be logged out otherwise what you done will be overwrote when the character does a save or zones.

I also have done more to this but I have designed it to work for my private server VZTZ and due to our custom structures I haven't my latest changes to work with PEQ.

I also have a custom script that can remove all money from all characters in about 2-3 minutes with the framework that I have built for this editor.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:23 PM
trevius
Developer

Sorry, I keep forgetting to get to this while I am at home (still really busy). I will try to remember tonight. I found who it was that shared it with me and it was Pyronis. Pyronis, if you don't want me to post it (if I can even still find it), let me know. Otherwise, I will put up a link as soon as I can find it. It might be something useful to have on GeorgeS' tools page too.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:04 AM
trevius
Developer

I hope Pyronis doesn't mind me sharing this. If so, I will take the link down.

http://stormhavenserver.com/download...or-Install.zip

I just installed it and tested it out and it seemed to work fine still. Nice little program. You just install it using either one of the install files (exe or msi), and then when you run it, it has you put in the db info so it can pull from the blobs.

Using the tool is pretty straight forward. Just load in the characters and wait for it to pull all of the data (takes a few minutes for large DBs). You can do individual players, or all at once. You can see current plat values, and edit them by dividing/multiplying/adding/subtracting. I would strongly suggest you first try this on just 1 character and make sure it works before doing any more than that. I also recommend doing a DB backup before you run this for all of your players of course.

He also shared the source code with me, but I won't share that here unless he gives the ok.