Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-13-2004, 04:22 PM
maveren
Sarnak

Quote:
Yep. 99% chance thats your problem. Not a database issue.
Then i dont understand why i can boot up barebones.sql fine but anytime i use peq_classic_058.sql in the source it doesnt work for me.

Quote:
Try sourcing the barebones first, then PEQ, if you do it the other way around it sounds like you are undoing all the done stuff in the database.
Took some time with errors and such, but after about 2 hours of sourcing I didnt even make it past the autoboot of the zone before it kicked me to server select screen.

Is there a way i can get just the npc groups/pathing and loot tables on a fix.sql for the barebones.sql sourced? Like I said barebones.sql is working but lacks the old world NPC content and a few popular PvP Items. To me it seems like PEQ_CLASSIC_058.sql just doesnt want to run on my server (if others aren't having this issue, and from the looks on the boards here I know for a fact meny are) Ill have to hold out for a new release, or work with somthing to find the issues.
So please let me know what works for you, if you dont mind me trying it out, I at this point dont want a public server, just a base to work from, show some of my friends, and hopefully get some interest in helping me with a project.

In short, I need to show some people how this works, so we can start building, and barebones.sql is exactly that.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:25 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

Nope. PEQ database works fine. Nobody else is having issues except for you. when done properly it works great. Sorry you are having trouble. but asking for just the loot and spawns is basically asking for the database. Find somebody running PEQ classic and ask for a full database dump from them.

Also, you might not be compiling your server properly. Some newer features that PEQ uses and barebones doesnt might not be properly done if you changed anything. Usually any problems like this when the majority of ppl have no issues is something you did on your part and since compiling is a huge step it usually happens there or in server setup somewhere.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:34 PM
maveren
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonin
Nope. PEQ database works fine. Nobody else is having issues except for you.
I wasnt aware of that. thought everybody was having problems, from the numerous post on the boards of people experiancing the kick to server select, and black screen hanging client issues, i was under a different impression.
Just thought id take a different approach at getting some questions answered.
Thanks for the help guys, Ill just work from barebones, untill a later release of 5.9 or 6.0. :idea:
thanks again!
Old 10-14-2004, 01:21 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

The kick to server screen has nothing to do with the database its the person having the wrong client for what they are connecting too =D

I remember a similar problem on PEQ TGC, but it was solved with code fixes from FNW, ill see if i can dig some more info outa him about it, it's been a while i forget
Old 10-14-2004, 02:59 AM
Arcane
Sarnak

I don't remember the exact post; but if you download the additional sql files that are required for 5.9DR2 the PEQ database works with no problems. It is addressed in another post, maybe in the how to forum.

The only problems I had with the database were problems I caused.

If you don't want to find all the sql files to get classic working try the Alpha 1; it requires no extra work http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17752
Old 10-14-2004, 03:15 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

I remember now what was causing black screen errors on character create. it was a 5.8+ code issue. It has something to do with the server assigning null to the alt_Adv field in the database. We had to wipe all the chars that were created with the field null (black screening) after the code was fixed.

I don't know exactly what was changed, i'm not a coder. FNW did it all. Hopefully we'll be merged with CVS soon. I think fnw wanted to work a bit on full live compat first.

i do have one thing to say about the WR merge. expect a LOT. because that's what you'll get. it's very kick butt
Old 10-14-2004, 05:17 AM
maveren
Sarnak

heh, my post got deleted?
well barebones works fine event though my server setup is bad, so i guess ill work from that, gl with peq's