Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:33 PM
rubbernegro
Fire Beetle

Default No servers

What is going on with the login server? For the past 3 days, I have had 1 of 2 issues almost every time I log in. The 1st is that after putting in my password a small window opens and says "logging in to server, please wait", as it always does, except it stays there for an extended period, maybe 15-20 seconds, before saying "Error- A time out has occurred". It that doesn't happen than it goes right to the server select screen without hesitating on the "logging into server" screen, just as it should, except there are no servers in the window. It's not frozen, because the list of available expansions is still scrolling by, and you can "esc" back to the log in screen.

So, every time I log on I have to try 10-15 times to get it to get it to try to log into the server select and then actually show me a server list and log into my character selection screen.

At first it would happen here and there, but now its every time. I'm currently using Titanium client, I had used SoF in the past, but this problem in no way coincides with me changing clients, I changed clients probably a month ago and as I said this problem is a few days old at best. If there is anything I can do to help further, please feel free to email me. I'm never on these forums and would not get a message here but I would get it on the THF forums.

Best of luck, and thank you for the service that you guys provide. I think most people appreciate what you do as I do.

Ginzburg, Druid of THF
Old 03-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Velhaas
Fire Beetle

I have exactly the same problem. Very frustrating.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:14 PM
ezsefix
Fire Beetle

Seems like a whole lot of people are having this problem in the last couple days.

I haven't found anything to fix it yet, unfortunately :(
Old 03-20-2011, 02:25 PM
Kroe
Fire Beetle

I think the issue is only coming from the SoD login. This is my own experience and from feed back of players on my server.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:47 PM
kylekurth1
Fire Beetle

Alot of us on P99 think it has to do with ATT Uverse since alot of us that are having the problem have that ISP. Also it is not just the SoD it is Tit also.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:09 AM
ezsefix
Fire Beetle

Ok, it's almost certainly AT&T U-Verse.

I'm using a vpn and everything is working just fine.

Just google free vpn and find one that doesn't seem too sketchy. I'm using Cyber Ghost VPN and it doesn't seem too full of spyware, but there is a 1GB limit per month, and your signal gets routed through Germany, so the ping isn't great. Mine sits around 380-400ms, but at least I can still play.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:35 PM
sorvani
Dragon

I run AT&T U-Verse and connect without any problems to three different login servers with the Underfoot client.

EQEmulator login server
PEQ login server
a private login server (not in my house)
Old 03-25-2011, 09:14 AM
ronthedon
Fire Beetle

im haveing same proplem started today cant get back on anymore alls i see is blank server list
Old 05-20-2011, 10:33 AM
schlitzie
Fire Beetle

I'm having the same problem and I'm not on AT&T U-verse
Old 05-24-2011, 10:55 PM
Gmal
Fire Beetle

Default same here

Same problem here and Im on Comcast.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:48 PM
blaximus
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmal View Post
Same problem here and Im on Comcast.
Same, Comcast. East coast > Washington, DC.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:31 PM
MMAvery7855
Fire Beetle

Same problem. Have tried no less than 50-75 times over the past 2 days and only got the servers to show up once.

I use Titanium, but I checked SoD as well and still had the problem, although I didn't try as many times.

I use Comcast
Old 05-27-2011, 10:00 AM
MMAvery7855
Fire Beetle

Am I the only one still having this problem?
Old 05-28-2011, 11:28 AM
Sebastionleo
Fire Beetle

I got 3 chars logged in this morning, went to log in my 4th and no servers showed up for 10 tries to I rebooted and now I cant even get one client to login to servers.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Sebastionleo
Fire Beetle

Just got some of the accounts I was able to get up the first time to log in, so it looks like specific accounts are jacked up.