Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:32 PM
donaldcanard
Sarnak

Default Voice Activated Commands

In the Everquest Titanium directory there is a file called eqmanual_supplement.doc. In this document there is a section on setting up voice activated commands using Dragon Naturally speaking. In the document it says to use /voice to activate voice command.

When I use the /voice in the command line in Everquest, I get a "illegal command". In searching the internet, I only found a document that says /voice is a deprecated command.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to getting voice activated commands to work?
Old 12-12-2008, 09:51 PM
rojadruid
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldcanard View Post
In the Everquest Titanium directory there is a file called eqmanual_supplement.doc. In this document there is a section on setting up voice activated commands using Dragon Naturally speaking. In the document it says to use /voice to activate voice command.

When I use the /voice in the command line in Everquest, I get a "illegal command". In searching the internet, I only found a document that says /voice is a deprecated command.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to getting voice activated commands to work?

I my be wrong but /voice has no code in the main eqemu server so does not work at all.

Innoruuk Server [legit]
Server Admin.
Server Status: UP
Old 12-15-2008, 08:44 AM
caldmoore
Fire Beetle

I used Sidewinder. I think you can download just the software (from Microsoft) and use a regular microphone. Then I set it up so if I said 'one' F1 was pressed. I forget what they are called, but I set up all F1, F2, F3 etc. key commands for my combat, songs, tracking, foraging and so on. Playing a bard, I would sit back and count slowly to 4 and could mix four songs without touching the keyboard. I am 8,000 miles from my regular computer so not exactly sure how I set it up (set it up a few years ago actually) and on limited dial up now trying to figure out how to run this at 50.6k connection (any hints would be greatly appreciated). I'll see if I can't refresh my memory and if anything comes to mind I will add it here. Hopefully this is enough to get you thinking on it. Once it is set up, you wonder how you played without it.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:08 AM
donaldcanard
Sarnak

Thank you caldmoore for your reply.

Did you need to do the /voice command, while in everquest client, to get the voice activated commands to work?

Also since you said that you did this several years ago (maybe you were only talking about the set up, and not about using it), did you use it with eqemu?
Old 12-15-2008, 09:56 AM
caldmoore
Fire Beetle

I used the /mic on/off command. I set it up probably 6 years ago before Titanium was even able to be made. I never used it in EQEMU, haven't gotten it running yet (EQ client). Found the software http://www.brothersoft.com/sidewinde...are-10515.html but it will be another week before I can try it out. Sorry. I will keep you posted though. Good luck.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:23 AM
donaldcanard
Sarnak

I downloaded Sidewinder and was very frustrated by the lack of documentation. I have no clue on how to set it up or use it.

BUT, in searching google for help on Sidewinder, I found VAC from VAC Systems.

http://www.dwvac.com/

VAC works very well and I was able to set it up to do what I need. The one problem with it is that it cost $18. But using the trail version it looks like it is worth the price.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:34 AM
caldmoore
Fire Beetle

I remember now, sorry. Lack of documentation is a polite understatement. I had to download and modify an EQ profile for SideWinder to work correctly whereas your link says you make your own. Yours looks better, I will have to try that one. Thank you!
Old 12-18-2008, 10:24 PM
ghostriderdoom
Sarnak

Anyone get VAC to work on eqemulator? If so post alittle guide if possible. For some reason i cant get the microsoft download to work which is the first step in the process to get the VAC software to work. I download the microsoft download and it doesnt shopw up in speech where it should.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:58 PM
ghostriderdoom
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostriderdoom View Post
Anyone get VAC to work on eqemulator? If so post alittle guide if possible. For some reason i cant get the microsoft download to work which is the first step in the process to get the VAC software to work. I download the microsoft download and it doesnt shopw up in speech where it should.
Got everything downloaded but for some reason it wont press the key I posted it to do a spell. Not sure what im doing wrong, anyone else tryen this?
Old 12-29-2008, 12:59 AM
donaldcanard
Sarnak

Quote:
12-19-2008 11:24 AM
ghostriderdoom Anyone get VAC to work on eqemulator? If so post alittle guide if possible. For some reason i cant get the microsoft download to work which is the first step in the process to get the VAC software to work. I download the microsoft download and it doesnt shopw up in speech where it should.
I am not sure if I totally understand your question. When you say "VAC", do you mean "Voice Activated Command" or do you mean the program VAC from the company VAC Systems? I am using VAC from Softpedia and it works good (at least on Windows XP). The reason I am confused about your question is that to get VAC from VAC Systems to work, does not require downloading anything from Microsoft.

Here is the link to VAC Systems:

http://www.dwvac.com/

And here is a link to their Tips page:

http://www.dwvac.com/vactips.htm
Old 12-29-2008, 01:08 AM
donaldcanard
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldcanard View Post
I am using VAC from Softpedia and it works good (at least on Windows XP).

I did not preview before I posted. I meant to say that I am using VAC from VAC Systems and it works fine.