Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:13 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Please be patient, I'm as anxious for PEQ to come back up as you are, I have a ton of work to merge in. At this point, we're just waiting for somebody to plug us back in and turn the server on. We own the server, not lease it so they won't do that automatically. Hopefully, they'll get to us soon!
Old 09-15-2008, 10:06 PM
Kagatob
Sarnak

At least the response means that your server is that beloved and people aren't just trying other servers.

Quick question, do they only work on the servers during business hours? Or could the server come up sometime during the night as well?
Old 09-15-2008, 10:15 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Considering they took it down at night, I would assume it could go back up at night as well. Though, normally when there is down time it comes back up in the morning/afternoon.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:17 PM
Kagatob
Sarnak

Good to know. Thanks for the quick response.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:51 PM
buffhouse
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob View Post
At least the response means that your server is that beloved and people aren't just trying other servers.

Quick question, do they only work on the servers during business hours? Or could the server come up sometime during the night as well?
Cavedude's server is horrible. Nothing works right.
This is not the server you are looking for.

Hope that worked.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Kagatob
Sarnak

I cannot figure out if the above post is sarcasm or not.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:36 PM
buffhouse
Fire Beetle

Yes sarcasm. Cavedude's server is fast approaching perfection but if everyone knows that then his server will get melted with new people.

I knew it wouldn't work but I had to try.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:07 AM
Ishikawa
Fire Beetle

u think its bad they locked down 2 buildings? laura bush was speakin on campus once and they had secret service playing dress up. i swear, i never saw so many lumberjacks and hippies on campus. i mean, it is oregon.... but damn man

in all seriousness, i have resorted to playing a couple hours of wow for god's sake.

i have also heard that they shut down internet traffic completely when important politicians are in town. i can't verify that, cuz no important politicians come to my home town...too small, cows can't vote.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:20 AM
bushman77
Hill Giant

Default umm

sux they lock down the internet for a mere mortal ... like if he gets whacked who cares, there will be a million other political figures to take his place. always has been in the past and always will in the future. look at the contry in europe who had a running candidtae die during electeions, they held it anyways and amazing enough the dead guy won LOL!! they can alwayshave another election for petes sakes. SO CMON DONT TAKE AWAY MY PEQ!!!!!!
Old 09-16-2008, 01:12 AM
addixion
Fire Beetle

yet another day passes with no eq.. im begining to lose it... why even the talking dogs telling me im crazy now... I NEED MY EQ FIX!!!
Old 09-16-2008, 09:25 AM
micker
Fire Beetle

Default $$$

I hope you get some money kickback from the host. If this were a business you would be loosing a lot of money.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:54 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

We don't pay a dime, the machine is ours, and the bandwidth is free. We couldn't ask for a better deal, which is why I don't let downtime like this get me down too much.

Another update, they are having temperature control problems in the new space, so all non-essential machines are turned off until they can work that out. One issue after another it seems :(
Old 09-16-2008, 11:06 AM
seveianrex
Sarnak

extreme sadface :(

someone needs to explain to them that there are lives (raid mobs, etc) at stake -- essential doesnt even begin to describe the necessity for the PEQ box to be running!
Old 09-16-2008, 11:22 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

You know Cavedude, when I see 'addicts' like this, you know you've done a great job with the PEQ server.
Congratulations! you're a great team player and a great person to deal with. I know you didn't do it all, but your good attitude/disposition orchestrated the outcome.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:53 PM
Mex Krax
Fire Beetle

I'm seriously jonesing for some PEQ... What is this, day 3 or 4? They tend to blur into one long, Everquestless hell. /sigh