Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:28 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Currently, AC people are working on the building and are making absolutely certain the temperature will hold steady in the new place. I had wondered why they didn't do this before the upgrade/move, but I'm told the previous tenants didn't leave until Friday so there was no time. All non-essential machines are going to remain off until they are satisfied they won't melt.

Like their customers, we were offered to be moved back to the old space for the time being. But, since we aren't paying, and we've already been moved once we decided just to wait it out. The other thing about it is we are situated and plugged in, all we need is to be turned on. If we are moved, and then moved back there may be even more delays and downtime later on.

Be patient guys, we'll be back soon, and with a ton of work that needs to be merged!
Old 09-19-2008, 01:36 PM
qwertyo
Fire Beetle

sounds good CD, looking forward to being able to finish my monk and ranger's Seru ear quests finally =P
Old 09-19-2008, 02:23 PM
dominarr
Fire Beetle

Default PEQ Question from a noob

I had setup the mysql thing and all that crap in the setup guide, chose peq over the classic. I just got the titanium disks and will try my own server tonight. Are you guys all on a public peq server though?

Also when I downloaded the quests it was a few weeks ago. How often is that updated and how can one see when and what those updates are? or do we just open winCVS once a week and see?

Thanks
Old 09-19-2008, 03:16 PM
addixion
Fire Beetle

Cave.. >.> im sorry to be so negative here but to be honest heard we'd be back up soon tooo many times now to take it at face value ROFL im hoping itl be up todat but im re dling DAoC because hope or not i somehow doubt it will be up LOL
Old 09-19-2008, 03:52 PM
lindane8
Fire Beetle

Default cave dood

i was wondering if u could work more to get people into dueling and more pvp..first fixing the bug that allows dueling..and have you ever thought of making some zones PVP ..it would make this great server even better would draw in more players
Old 09-19-2008, 03:56 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by addixion View Post
Cave.. >.> im sorry to be so negative here but to be honest heard we'd be back up soon tooo many times now to take it at face value ROFL im hoping itl be up todat but im re dling DAoC because hope or not i somehow doubt it will be up LOL
I never said when it would be up. Only that it will be. Our ISP has not given me an ETA so I can't give you one.

PVP is something I'd like to see too, but it's not our primary concern honestly.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Pigdogius
Fire Beetle

Well on a different note, the small amount of time I have had to throw at EQ I have had some fun on the server, "The Murdersmithy" its a Classic + Kunark. Pretty fun.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:25 PM
addixion
Fire Beetle

erm, didnt mean it in an insulting way Cave i apologise if thats how you took it mate :(, also i never mentiond pvp >.> actually the reason i came back to EQ, PEQ rather :P is for the best PVE XD i could care less about pvp in EQ thats why god gave us DAoC hehe
Old 09-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Itchybottom
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigdogius View Post
Well on a different note, the small amount of time I have had to throw at EQ I have had some fun on the server, "The Murdersmithy" its a Classic + Kunark. Pretty fun.
Yeah it's pretty great, but it has a lot of non-classic content in it still. Nektulos has the new spawns, Cazic-Thule is still just like every other classic server lacking the original spawns (man, do I want the original data from 1.0) and every class/race seems to start out in Qeynos at the moment. It felt very strange being an ogre warrior and just briskly strolling out of the city without any paladin guards stomping a hole in my torso. I imagine [though I didn't make it this far] that Rathe Mountains even has the froglok city in it still. Either way, awesome that someone is actually trying. I've been playing on Angelox's server (Legacy of the Rathe) lately, until I hit 50 and realized I don't have a wizard to teleport to Plane of Hate for the phat lewts. Hopes and dreams crushed. So I went to Velketor's and got a full set of crystal chitin, and hoped PEQ would be up by now so I could torture some players (it's therapeutic.)
Old 09-19-2008, 05:03 PM
valic007
Fire Beetle

imho i hate pvp
Old 09-19-2008, 05:43 PM
Obake420
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindane8 View Post
i was wondering if u could work more to get people into dueling and more pvp..first fixing the bug that allows dueling..and have you ever thought of making some zones PVP ..it would make this great server even better would draw in more players
I second this motion man. PvP is so much better it takes actual skill and teamwork. you have to make sure to watch your back, make alliances. just make it a 10 level -/+ PvP and have it set racial, or guild.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:22 PM
Kagatob
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obake420 View Post
I second this motion man. PvP is so much better it takes actual skill and teamwork. you have to make sure to watch your back, make alliances. just make it a 10 level -/+ PvP and have it set racial, or guild.
Or you can just enable guild wars and not ruin the entire server for PVErs.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:24 PM
renoofturks1
Sarnak

PvP on Everquest? It's entirely Item Based, very little to do with skill......
Old 09-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Varlos77
Fire Beetle

No PvP please. It'll bring the same type of people from TZ/VZ that you guys are complaining about. Not saying all PvPers are like that, but every emu PvP server I've played on has had that sort of atmosphere.

I've only played on PEQ a while, but the number of people willing to help me out with tips or items because I'm new to the server is pretty awesome. You don't find that on most Emu servers (or live for that matter), PvP or PvE.

Fixing the dueling bug would be nice, but that's about it IMO.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:09 PM
Mex Krax
Fire Beetle

Please do not turn your server into PvP. Many people do not like PvP, and I for one would be forced to leave if it converted. How about just enabling dueling, and/or make the arena zones PvP. The people who wanted to partake would be able to, and it wouldn't ruin the server for the rest of us. Anyway, hope to see the server back up soon. I'm going a little insane... Pushing a week now. =(