Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 12:37 PM
gnode
Hill Giant

Default New progression server - Gnomish Proving Grounds

Hi there. I am just doing a little shout out for my new server, Gnomish Proving Grounds.

It is a progression server currently in the original era. I plan to let it get to Velious and linger there for a while. Once Velious is defeated, based on server sentiment, we will start over or maybe add Luclin if people can't give up their chars or maybe just Luclin AA. We absolutely under no circumstances will go beyond PoP and if people eventually beat Quarm (or sandbag), the server will reset.

It has increased exp to help move things along, but not cheapen the experience. To keep up with the increased exp, I have doubled the drops across the board. So if you would have 1 FBSS drop originally, now you would have 2. This should help equip people at an appropriate pace. I have also added minor stats to cloth and ringmail (average of +2 for each item, usually +1 to 2 different stats). Ringmail and cloth drops off of newbie mobs.

I have set god loot drops to be in line with original eq (for now, given that we are in original era).

Once people are ready to go to the planes, they will be required to use my custom spells file. For those of you who are apt with reading the spells file, I request that you not reveal the difference. I would like it to be a surprise at least in the beginning.

If the server becomes more popular I am prepared to build a dedicated server and get increased bandwidth - so don't worry about it getting laggy. At this time I am not accepting donations. If this changes, I will keep all donations on public record along with all expenses that have been incurred. Donations will not be for profit and I will not accept them if none are needed. There will be no favors for donors at this time.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:43 PM
gnode
Hill Giant

I am also adding some little additions such as mythical creatures from old world that were removed along the way... all with original drops or in the case of gm controlled creatures, new drops that are appropriate considering the expansion they are in.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:49 PM
So_1337
Dragon

If you'd like some free SQL contributions, PM me. I keep all mine ready to pass around, you're more than welcome to sift through and implement anything you'd like. Depending what database you're starting from, it might save you the trouble of having to filter out NPCs that were placed into old zones.

Just wanted to offer the help, and to say good luck =)
Old 09-04-2008, 01:03 PM
gnode
Hill Giant

Thanks I appreciate it.

I started with PEQ. I was going to use angelox's db but by the time I had it in my hands I already had PEQ running and had done quite a few changes on it.

Where can I see what you have done so far? I have been cleaning out fableds from spawn tables and such so far.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:34 PM
zurme
Fire Beetle

Bump. Great server good for the old school gamer who wants to progress from phase 1. Pre-Kunark right now and alot of fun ahead! See you in game hopefully.

Styin - 50 Human Monk
Rikrash - 50 Barbarian Shaman
Old 09-10-2008, 09:46 PM
LizardNest
Fire Beetle

Hey sounds like an interesting server, I'll try it out.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Barroth
Fire Beetle

Once I get my titanium on tuesday I'll be starting here, I believe.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:47 PM
dirtyswan
Fire Beetle

Hello all, I started a new character (dark elf) on this server today and was enjoying the old school feel with just that little bit extra (increased exp and drops etc..) to make the game fun again, but I do have a bit of a problem...Nektulos Forest is a black void. I can go into the zone and continue to walk around but it is just black and I can see NPC's in the distance falling through the world. I tried to just walk back into the city but I couldn't.

So I made a High Elf to see if the Faydark was the same, but nope...it worked just fine. Odd.

EDIT: Duh, forgot to add that I logged off and back on but it was still the same, like I was stuck at the end of time and space.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:08 PM
addixion
Fire Beetle

Dirtyswan, its a simple fix in your EQ Folder find a file called "Nektulos.eqg" and rename it to "Nektulosa.eqg.bak" (Have to exit out of game compleatly and come back in.. but that should fix it if i recall someone please correct me if im wrong
Old 09-17-2008, 03:06 PM
zurme
Fire Beetle

Quick bump, yes Nektulos map file has to be changed form .eqg to .anything.

Progression is moving smoothly as we get tons of new people every day. Currently dead are Naggy,Vox,Phinny,Fear Golems and some other mini bosses. Still a few bosses away from Kunark some come check it out!

Stout 50 Dwarf Paladin
Styin 50 Human Monk
Rikrash 50 Barbarian Shaman
Old 09-18-2008, 07:45 PM
gleason962
Fire Beetle

Default Help

Is there any GMs that i can talk to about my character being deleted or disapearing? Please! Would like to get back to leveling! Love the server and what you have done with it so far, also in lower guk, my character kept getting stuck in the corner by assasins room, curious if that is my fault or maybe some kind of mapping? Thank you
Old 09-18-2008, 08:07 PM
gleason962
Fire Beetle

I saw that his has happened to others so I tried what they said of relogging, restarting my computer, and none of it works. Please help
Old 09-22-2008, 01:21 AM
partylwc
Fire Beetle

Default Good server

Hey peeps; Im on this server. I got to lvl 32 in 2 days so far of casual play. Its a good server. Not to highly populated. I heard they are going to keep antonica for a quick second before they move to kunark. They want more people to join the server. The most i've seen on at once is like 15 but I hear 20 something have been on at once. Loot is double so if you get a dwarven ringmail tunic u get 2. Xp is 2x the speed but it feels like 3x.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:03 PM
partylwc
Fire Beetle

Default Progression

so far vox,phinny are dead.. Plane of hate has been cleared except cazic thule witih some people sporting hate gear but not many. Inny had a attemp on he owned us; need more people.. Really need another good 10 active people on server but we are slowly gaining populatioin
Old 10-01-2008, 12:36 PM
partylwc
Fire Beetle

Default took down inny last nite

just a little heads up on where this server has progressed to; We took down inny last nite with around 18 people. He dropped some uber l00tz with 2 monk haste cloaks sk weps; cleric hammer; and ranger sword ( 9 19). This means; dont quote me but i think "GM- tiny has increased the lvl cap to ..(Drumroll) 51". Next up im guessing sometime this week is cazic ( if he drops 52) and then plane of air. Once plane of air is cleared or attempted I think kunark is to be opened. Last nite we had over 20 people on at once which was great to see the server explode like that.
Closed Thread