Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Shokata
Fire Beetle

Default Caesars Palace....Where are ya?

Last week I got into this server,beta type set-up.Was very interesting,and was fun.I am sure its a ton of work and gear to successfully set up a custom server and not just a few clicks of the mouse.Have not seen this listed in a while and if Caesar sees this maybe could give some input as to yea or nea as to the future of his project.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:53 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Hey Im the guy behind this server(its not called Caesar's Palace, that was more of joke lol). The public beta highlighted some stability issues we were having and also the inherit lack of balance in the custom code. It was also very hard for you guys to gauge the server as almost none of the PC spells were in so I decided to spend alittle more time in private before bringing it back.

I finished creating all the PC spells and discs over the weekend, up to 850 ish now(sounds like a lot but mainly just tier upgrades). Im going to make custom NPC procs for my NPCs now because the density of mobs and healers propensity to heal through walls can really get out of hand. So since I want the dungeons to be packed with mobs, I decided I got to change the spells they use to keep the danger but within reason.

Then Im going to run my group of 6 through the first progression area, tune stuff around me(its not going to be a solo friendly server) and then re-open beta.

Also added alot of other stuff but will save those for post about server(don't worry Shok, will make post when beta reopens and reference that it was once called caesar's palace lol)
Old 03-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Shokata
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the update.I really had fun with what you had presented,as did the others whom I had grouped with.I am sure that when you open the doors again you are gonna have a winner=)P.S. Caesars Palace=great name,illegal,but still had that feel.Till later.....
Old 03-18-2010, 03:16 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

BTW my server is back up(named **BETA** Working As Intended).

For those looking, it was formerly named Caesar's Palace and Zebra.

I seem to have solved the stability issues(have had a few nights with 0 crashing) and the custom code is tuned down so its not as powerful as before(str affects melee crit mod, int affects DD/dot crits, wis affects heal/hot crits, the rest has been removed and it really helped out balance.

Will make a more formal post in a week or so once we have more testing done but currently we have 14 zones available, custom progression 1-70, 800+ custom spells/discs, optional PVP zone, custom epic acquisition(custom epics coming soon), etc.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:21 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Just curious.. did you do all the custom coding yourself? It sounds really interesting, never thought to scale criticals like that. (stat-based concepts are always a good thing in my book.)
Old 03-19-2010, 05:42 AM
Caryatis
Dragon

I did all the coding myself, while it doesnt look like much in what I sent you, in my previous revisions I had quite a bit more done(probably too much so). Most of the server is my work with exception of some sick work by Funk on loot and bugfixing.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:12 AM
krujo81
Fire Beetle

I love this server, content is misleading though starts off nice and easy and works up to 2 group type content Plus raids :P
Old 04-05-2010, 07:18 PM
krujo81
Fire Beetle

We miss you Caesar still waiting for new info + the forums you setup are now blank. last we heard from you the server was gonna be down aweek and opened back up for live. did your plans change?.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

lol not sure why forums crapped out. A week was an estimation, due to a busy easter weekend and more stuff added to list, its probably going to be longer. Due to the huge volume of custom content, its going to take a while to make sure all classes are hitting the benchmarks they should be but since I would rather spend the time now instead of when players are already balls deep in content its a delay Im ok with.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:44 PM
krujo81
Fire Beetle

aww ok thanks, and we look foward to your completion till then am messing around on an old server =/