Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-26-2005, 05:51 AM
Sarepean
Discordant

Default Some thoughts I had:

What if you could deconstruct items created by tradeskills or even some that weren't? For example, jewelry could be deconstructed for the gem and a raw material. Two or three raw materials (of the same type) could be taken to a forge and recombined into one bar. Know all of those copper rings or unenchanted rings you always found adventuring? Melt them down for the jewel and a shot at some metal bars.

You could deconstruct patchwork for "knowledge" of the pattern which could then be combined somewhere else with scrolls and "knowledge" for 5 or 10 patterns. Basically, you could deconstruct everything for a chance at knowledge and some things would have a shot at a few of the materials.

This really doesn't help brewery a lot as far as tradeskills go, but I figure that they should be able to make a few more useful potions--- like healing potions or mana potions. I still haven't really figured out how to do this without unbalancing things, but you should be able to give a negative effect that would allow this to be effective enough to help you, but not so effective that you won't want a cleric or enchanter in your group.

All of this should be able to be done just through the database, but with a ton of work. I was just checking to see if anyone had thoughts as to whether this would unbalance the game, make things too easy, or..?

-Sarepean