Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::News

General::News EQemu news posts.

Old 08-29-2004, 03:36 PM
stormhalter
Fire Beetle

Err, it worked for me earlier. I as well was getting other people's characters.

Now when I create a new character though, and try to log in, after clicking on "Enter World" it just sits at the loading screen and task manager shows EQ is in Not Responding status.

It worked earlier, before the server went down. The whole domain of EQEmulator.net wasn't coming up and I couldn't establish connection with the login server.

I've tried restarting, checked my settings and even restarted the Emu. Still nothing.

Keep freezing when I "enter the world"
Old 08-29-2004, 04:26 PM
jimbox114
Hill Giant

Any chance this release of the emu will fix the item shifting bug?
Old 08-29-2004, 05:26 PM
stormhalter
Fire Beetle

Ok, uninstalled and reinstalled and same problem. Freezes up after clicking on "Enter World"

Same thing on two different computers.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:57 PM
stormhalter
Fire Beetle

Ah well, it let me on for a bit but kicked me out when I zone into the arena. Now it's doing it again. :P
Old 08-30-2004, 02:59 AM
Doodman
Developer

Okay, I think I know the problem why you end up with characters on your account when you shouldn't.

Since, I've been unable to break the crypto on the response packet from LS -> client what contains the session/key to auth with world, I grabbed one from live and manipulate it a bit and grabbed what world sees on the authorization from the client.

I generated about 20 or so of them.. I probably need more and need to make a small change in world to make it less likely to happen.

I'll get it fixed. Just give me a bit.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:39 AM
Pingu0
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonin
do an auth on the other account.
this is what it says when i request a new auth on pingu0 and pingu00:

Set Your Authorization Block

Invalid account/password entered, please go here and try again, or contact an EQEMu administrator

i know i sound like an annoying twat here but could you please give me a step-by-step guide on how to get a new auth? i registered the game on pingu0 i think.. is there any way to see which account i registered my cd key on? :/
Old 08-30-2004, 04:50 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

more than likely it means you already did it once for that account and need to log in game to set a password....

after you reset once your password is NOTHING until you log in game and set it...

just an idea
Old 08-30-2004, 12:30 PM
Pingu0
Fire Beetle

now it says username and password were not valid please check them again blah blah blah... any ideas on what to do?
Old 08-30-2004, 12:37 PM
stormhalter
Fire Beetle

I say have an admin on this site or a dev member wipe your forum name and account name w/ activation code and you start fresh.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:50 PM
Beast00
Fire Beetle

Default !!!

A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. A timeout has occured. OMFG WHATEVER I DO ITS ALWAYS "A timeout has occured. "

My freakin EQemu hasn't ever worked, not since the deletion of the patcher!
Old 08-30-2004, 03:12 PM
\_Herbus_/
Fire Beetle

Default ...

Should the server set-up guide located http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9648
work with the current Live compatible login server?
Old 08-30-2004, 03:39 PM
Zkhava
Hill Giant

They will announce when they will Go live with the Public 8.1 So people can make their own servers...

Until then, have patience!
Old 08-30-2004, 06:03 PM
tcb720
Fire Beetle

Aside from getting other people's chars (since that should be fixed soon) I am also getting this.

I created a char, geared it in Nexus, and #zoned to Natimbi. Crashed and forced out with cntl alt del. Logged back in and got multiple different accounts until I found mine. Logged in and got stuck after selecting my character at the loading screen. Was not black, I had the little graphic. I created a new char named Zone. #zoned to Natimbi, loaded fine, #zoned back to nexus, again no problems. relogged to the stuck char. Froze again after selecting him. Deleted that char, created again under the same name and got in to Nexus fine. Relogged, checked Natimbi with Zone. Relogged to the character v.2 that should be in nexus at the creation spot. Froze. Cannot access that character at all an hour later.

Weird?

edit-abysmal zone not working at all

Duke Basald Holyblade - 65 Half-Elf Paladin - Tunare - Retired
Old 08-31-2004, 01:25 PM
Genghis28
Fire Beetle

ok I've patched to live checked my host file an but i still get timedout error any help thank you
Old 09-01-2004, 06:16 AM
zulfy26
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonin
log out.. close eq. open it again... this time

Duke : 61 paladin
GordonZero: 250 wizard
Kittty: 65 Beastlord
Kitty: 65 Beastlord

... w t f mate ?

I figrue 3rd times a charm..... WRONG.

Grungan: 255 Shaman
Himmy: 1 Magician
Lorelia: 65 Rogue

Slightly buggy, i'm gonna stop trying now
Lol... the first account is what i take for being mine. Although i never made a paladin or wizard. i did make the two beastlords. One of them got stuck zoning so i was forced to make a 2nd. :-( Himmy on the 3rd one is also mine, but when i made her she was level 250 :-P this is very buggy...