Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 06-12-2006, 07:50 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

The compatibility between the two databases has me perplexed. I am downloading cavedudes installer and will install his database to compare with peq to see what the differences are.

I have no idea why the data structs should be different, but that's the hard part. If anyone has any ideas what's going on...

Anyway, I will make the programs compatible with both

GeorgeS
Old 06-12-2006, 12:38 PM
sesmar
I built it I will Support it!

Cavedude's and the PEQ database are both compatable with each other, what seems to be the problem is that the last installer that was put out was for version 0.7.0 and since that release there have been a few DB changes that must be applied to the Database in order for it to work with the newest binaries.

Since Cavdedude releases his DB with the installer people forget, or do not realize, these changes still need to be applied to his database as well as PEQ in order for it to stay up to date. If your Editor it made to be used with all the lastest changes this is probably the problem.

I have answered a few questions similar to this recently and in most cases they seem to have to do with this SQL update.

Code:
ALTER TABLE spawnentry DROP spawn_limit;
ALTER TABLE spawngroup ADD spawn_limit tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0';
ALTER TABLE altadv_vars ADD class_type int unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;
Hope this helps some.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:05 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Thanks for the info. I agree the 0.6.6 and 0.7.x have those changes to the spawnentry and spawnentry tables.

Also, I have taken a serious look at both databases and found the discrepancies -specifically in the npc table.

Anyways, I fixed ALL the programs to work with both PEQ and CAVEDUDES 0.6.6 databases. 0.7.x should work in all except the spawneditor.exe because of the field changes.

Let me know of any problems...

GeorgeS
http://66.159.225.58/eqemu/GeorgeS_EqEmu_Files.zip
Old 06-13-2006, 04:38 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeS
Thanks for the info. I agree the 0.6.6 and 0.7.x have those changes to the spawnentry and spawnentry tables.

Also, I have taken a serious look at both databases and found the discrepancies -specifically in the npc table.

Anyways, I fixed ALL the programs to work with both PEQ and CAVEDUDES 0.6.6 databases. 0.7.x should work in all except the spawneditor.exe because of the field changes.

Let me know of any problems...

GeorgeS
http://66.159.225.58/eqemu/GeorgeS_EqEmu_Files.zip
I'm useing the latest EQEMU (0.7.0-800), I'm able to see everything, and I can edit / put in changes , but the won't save into the EQ database; when I restart the editor, the changes are gone. I tried the loot editor in Harbinger's Spire , and the Grid editor in Lfay (didn't try anything else yet).
I will keep you informed of whatever problems I run into with your programs.
The Spawn Editor would be very helpful also, but "beggars can't be choosy!" Im really happy with what you already have made out.

Thank you very much for doing this - If I ever get a lot done with this database, anyone who wants it, can have it.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:31 AM
sesmar
I built it I will Support it!

I downloaded and was looking at your Editors today and noticed you have to run the batch file to register a few DLL's might I suggest using the /s option to get rid of the annoying message box.

Code:
regsvr32 a.ocx /s
regsvr32 DXAnimatedGIF.ocx /s
regsvr32 imagelist.ocx /s

echo all registered
Just my thoughts.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:56 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesmar
I downloaded and was looking at your Editors today and noticed you have to run the batch file to register a few DLL's might I suggest using the /s option to get rid of the annoying message box.

Code:
regsvr32 a.ocx /s
regsvr32 DXAnimatedGIF.ocx /s
regsvr32 imagelist.ocx /s

echo all registered
Just my thoughts.
I had done this before; Everytime I got an .ocx error, I'd find the file , run regsrvr32 on it. I did run your batch just incase.
I figured out my mistake- it was a stupid one; i wasn't saving them! I had been useing the peqeditor since it works partially on eq database and it spoiled me into not saving.

Thanks for the help
Old 06-13-2006, 10:12 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

The Spawn Editor would be very easy to fix, but I think a unique version for 0.7.x and later would be better than trying to make one version to work on all every db schema out there.

So anyway, an 0.7 version is next up...

Next in the cards will be an enhancement to the existing eqitems.exe (items viewer) so you will be able to equip any of your characters easily with a eq like graphical interface. I'm going to start coding this enhancement later this week.

- sesmar - your changes are noted and will be done. -

If anyone's interested in the source code - it's going to be available when I get my server updated to a larger hardrive.

GeorgeS
Old 06-13-2006, 02:32 PM
Jibbatwinkers
Sarnak

I'm having some issue with connecting to MYSql. I've messed with the db.ini for about an hour, i know my database name is 'eq', ive tried the pw/name i use for all my database things, and ive tried 127.0.0.1/168.192.1.5(onlan)/and localhost but nothing seems to work. I have winMYSQLAdmin 1.4 and I've tried it with a vew different versions of 7.0 (i saw in the readme which were supported). Any ideas?
Old 06-13-2006, 04:32 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

If you can go to winmysqladmin 1.4 server properties and in my.ini Setup tab you should see your username/pass info at the bottom.

Next you should download the myODBC driver from my site
http://66.159.225.58/eqemu/ODBC_DRIVERS.ZIP
and install. Reboot and try again.

If that does not work then send me a private email and we can go from there.
also, what is the error you're getting?

GeorgeS
Old 06-23-2006, 12:53 AM
akimo
Fire Beetle

Hey, can someone please post links to GeorgeS' programs or update link? It seems all the ones on his IP are removed as i keep getting "Resource Not Found" response from his server the past few days.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:33 AM
jimbabwe
Hill Giant

here is a temporary solution for ya.

Download Me!

edit: I do think this is his latest version but I'm only like 99% sure.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:34 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Default Updates

..dhcp router was renewing ip every day, so server would go off line every few days. I think I fixed the issue.

Worked hard to bring a few updates to the table.
I've done a total rewrite of the eqitems program, now it not only allows searching of your items, but you can load in any character and change or equip him/her with any items.

Also, to facilitate better version comunication, i've set up a webpage for all my downloads. Check out the files and don't hesitate to email me bugs.

http://66.159.225.58/eqemu/eq.html

GeorgeS
Old 07-10-2006, 04:33 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Just an update, a new utility is being released this week. What it does is simply allow 'random' loots off mobs of specified levels. Just like in DiabloII, where any number of stuff drops depending on mob level, this utility does the same. The best part changes written to the db are undoable and will revert back to 'native' state. So you can 'rotate' stuff on npc's very easily.

I played my lvl70 necro in POStorms, and found some wonderful loot off lvl 65 mobs, never seen before! I actually enjoyed th egame much better before, because I had no idea what to find.

So how does it work?

(1) You specificy what item/s you want to add - these are classified by:
armour,weapons,spells,shields,ales,runes,food,misc low lvl, misc high lvl,etc...
You pick 1 category at a time.

(2) Then specifiy what level NPC's to apply it to i.e levels 31-40, or 50-60 etc..

(3) Then specifiy what % of mobs get these items as a lootdrop

(4) Then specifiy % chance of dropping at death

The program also gives a 'stats' of modified loots per every 10 levels and by item category, so you can identify which levels drop what categories of items - very useful.
You are also able to undo by level, so you can make rapid changesm restart server and changes are good to go for next repop.

This app is a work in progress, but once I 'skin' it for a better appearance, I will release it for testing.

A full html help file will be included -

Any questions?

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 07-10-2006, 05:53 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeS
Just an update, a new utility is being released this week. What it does is simply allow 'random' loots off mobs of specified levels. Just like in DiabloII, where any number of stuff drops depending on mob level, this utility does the same. The best part changes written to the db are undoable and will revert back to 'native' state. So you can 'rotate' stuff on npc's very easily.

I played my lvl70 necro in POStorms, and found some wonderful loot off lvl 65 mobs, never seen before! I actually enjoyed th egame much better before, because I had no idea what to find.

So how does it work?

(1) You specificy what item/s you want to add - these are classified by:
armour,weapons,spells,shields,ales,runes,food,misc low lvl, misc high lvl,etc...
You pick 1 category at a time.

(2) Then specifiy what level NPC's to apply it to i.e levels 31-40, or 50-60 etc..

(3) Then specifiy what % of mobs get these items as a lootdrop

(4) Then specifiy % chance of dropping at death

The program also gives a 'stats' of modified loots per every 10 levels and by item category, so you can identify which levels drop what categories of items - very useful.
You are also able to undo by level, so you can make rapid changesm restart server and changes are good to go for next repop.

This app is a work in progress, but once I 'skin' it for a better appearance, I will release it for testing.

A full html help file will be included -

Any questions?

GeorgeS

This is a real good idea - I think you should start a new thread on this new program of yours.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:19 AM
Havocx
Fire Beetle

whenever i run the eqitems and click on any piece of armor it pops up with error-Armour Referance Error. dont know what this means but it dosnt give any stats to the piece of armour.