Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 07-28-2006, 07:14 AM
bobbydole
Fire Beetle

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox
Man, I'm starved for stuff like this, and I'm sure I'm not alone. I guess the most of us start up a server and think it's ready for play, in reality, it's not - there's many, many details that still need to be fixed.
I really think that shows you how far it's really come. If we didn't have these server packs, which allowed people to get a server running so easily, if the server & DB weren't so well developed as they are now, people wouldn't be so surprised/disappointed when they find something out of place.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:17 AM
bobbydole
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarepean
I think maybe we should just post our SQL changes as we complete things, test each other's stuff and go from there.

We don't need to release a database because the majority of people aren't going to use or care that we're doing this. They'll continue using PEQ or Cavedudes. Also, I use PEQs. The object isn't to replace either database, it's to have the changes we make that other people would be interested in that is compatible with one or both databases to make it better for the players.

Right, updates like these don't really require a new branch of a DB. but why not just submit them to cavedude and whom ever at PEQ, so that they will be added to the DB? I'm sure they both would like their DB to be as "real" as possible. PEQ does have some rules regarding adding mobs, but i'm not sure about adding locked doors...
Old 07-28-2006, 07:23 AM
Sarepean
Discordant

They have rules about adding anything not already there. =P I used to work for the quest team, so I know the process.

As for the doors thing, I'm not so sure. They digest these forums when they have the time, so I'm sure if they're going to add some of our changes into the database, they'll let us know. Right?
Old 07-28-2006, 07:43 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbydole
Right, updates like these don't really require a new branch of a DB. but why not just submit them to cavedude and whom ever at PEQ, so that they will be added to the DB? I'm sure they both would like their DB to be as "real" as possible. PEQ does have some rules regarding adding mobs, but i'm not sure about adding locked doors...
I didn't mean start a new database - I was thinking of posting work on the PEQ database I use now (thought why not post the whole database?). I just wanted to make what we did, easy for others to access.
But no matter to me, I'll just same post here too.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:53 AM
bobbydole
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox
I didn't mean start a new database - I was thinking of posting work on the PEQ database I use now (thought why not post the whole database?). I just wanted to make what we did, easy for others to access.
But no matter to me, I'll just same post here too.
yeah that would be easier..

how much stuff would you guys be adding? like new mobs stuff like that?

what happens when something new is added, then it's used in a quest, like it's ID. when a new version of the the peq DB comes out won't all the quests that use the "new" stuff be broken? how would we sync them?
Old 07-28-2006, 07:59 AM
Sarepean
Discordant

Our idea isn't necessarily to make new mobs, it's simply to update information in the database. Therefore, it would simply need to be rerun every time you install a new database in order to sync up correctly.

As for the NPC additions, you give them a much higher number then is currently being used so that you don't have to worry about that for a while. -shrugs-

Same with items, generally.

But we aren't talking about adding those.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:24 AM
bobbydole
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Our idea isn't necessarily to make new mobs, it's simply to update information in the database. Therefore, it would simply need to be rerun every time you install a new database in order to sync up correctly.
aah.. I see.. you don't really want to add new things, just update the the data already there. What other kinds of stuff are you thinking? like I found a bug, make an iksar shaman, you won't get his newbie note. Currently not really a big deal, because none of the iksar shaman quests are done, but still a bug. Is that the sort of thing you're think of?
Old 07-28-2006, 08:32 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I noticed there are "named" mobs missing in zones though - I think they are vital to what ever zone they come from, should put those in .
Old 07-28-2006, 08:50 AM
Sarepean
Discordant

Named mobs missing?

What mobs in what zones??
Old 07-28-2006, 09:47 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Named mobs missing?

What mobs in what zones??
Well, for one, the Bilge Farfathom from Dagnor's Caulderon - I'll post them as I see them missing.

Last edited by Angelox; 07-28-2006 at 05:48 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 07-28-2006, 09:49 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Also there were a few missing in the Frontier Mountains, I forget which now, but they are in the "3-Corners" spawns - but I guess FM is a Kunark zone.

Last edited by Angelox; 07-28-2006 at 05:50 PM.. Reason: more info
Old 07-28-2006, 04:05 PM
Sarepean
Discordant

I think someone already fixed the 3 corner spawn in Frontier Mountains--- seems it was posted in the Quest section not too long ago.

Bilge used to spawn in the emulator, I thought...

I'll look into that.