Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::News

General::News EQemu news posts.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2009, 06:06 PM
trevius
Developer

PM me your gmail email address if you have one. I have something that might help you with doing the opcode work.

Cavedude or KLS might need to chime in on if we want to start including these tools in the standard EQEmu download in the utils directory. Either that or we can always setup a new SVN page just for these tools. You may want to PM your gmail address to Cavedude and KLS as well in case they want to get you added to the SVN if it is decided that we want to just add them to the /utils folder. Sylaei might want to send their Gmail address as well to us just in case.

I think that many of the structures should be similar or matching EQLive with what we have already for SoF. For the ones that are not matching yet, it should be fairly easy to make the needed adjustments to make sure they do match.

Once the tools are on an SVN somewhere that I have access to, I can certainly help to finalize any structure or opcode issues that might remain. I am getting good at that stuff :P

It is going to be awesome to get this stuff working again. I have really been dreading trying to do SoF AAs all manually from ShowEQ packet logs. Once the tools are working again fully, collecting the AA information should only take me an hour or so to log in each class and collect and then convert them into the table. Then, I am sure there will need to be some cleanup done to finalize it, but that is much easier than the part of converting each packet manually into a database entry!