Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 06-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Derision
Developer

Default Adding Placeable objects to azone generated map files

An issue with the maps generated by azone at present is that they do not include
placeable objects.

Many placeable objects are inconsequential for LOS, e.g. trees, boulders, wall decorations,
however there are some large/important objects that are classed as 'placeable', e.g. some bridges
and buildings.

For example, the buildings in Potranquility (bank etc). If you fear a mob in those buildings
they will just run straight through the walls, and some of the bankers are sunk up into their
neck in the ground because as far as LOS/BestZ is concerned, the buildings don't exist.

I have spent the last couple of days adding the ability to azone to include placeable objects in
the map files.

While it is not ready to release yet, mainly because you currently have to edit the source to
specify the id numbers of the placeable models you want included, here is a potranquility map
for people to test with (this includes the geometry for the walls and floors of the buildings
I referred to above (and that is the only extra thing it includes, i.e. no trees etc).

http://www.rama.demon.co.uk/potranquility.rar

If you fear in mob in the buildings before and after dropping this into your Maps directory,
you will see the difference. You can also try casting on a mob inside the building while you
are outside (with the old map it will let you, even though you can't see your target).

If anyone has any zones where they are desperate for certain placeable objects to be included,
(S3D or EQG) let me know and I'll see if I can cook you up a map with those objects included.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Toxxulia Forest (tox) has that problem; npcs in the buildings there are waist-deep in the floor, would be great to see that fixed.

Thanks for you fixes!
Old 06-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox View Post
Toxxulia Forest (tox) has that problem; npcs in the buildings there are waist-deep in the floor, would be great to see that fixed.
Here you go, try this one:

http://www.rama.demon.co.uk/tox.rar

It includes the geometry for three extra models (I threw the bridge in as a bonus )

HUT4_DMSPRITEDEF
ERHOUSE_DMSPRITEDEF
TBRIDGE_DMSPRITEDEF

I tested one building before and after and it seemed to have done the trick.

If anyone has any more requests, I likely won't get to them until tomorrow.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Thanks again - I'll be testing shortly, before you go, I was wanting to give you something else to think about which may be related to your work; The boats.
Only one of them is not fall through , the rest are , the most needed ship is the SirensBane (butcher > freeporte boat), and it is totally transparent. We actually have a fully functional system for boats to run on schedule dynamic zone or not. but really can't use it to its best or properly, unless we can get a boat thats not so large as the one we have now.
I'm about to make a detailed post on how we did this, but really, the SirensBane is very needed - it appears in many zones, and fits the areas perfectly.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Derision
Developer

This is a reply to Scorp from another thread where the subject of azone was brought up. Thought I would put the reply here rather than cluttering up the other thread, or starting a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpious2k View Post

I hope you are including the code that makes it work under windows too.

Also as a future enhancement, we should see if we can get it to identify PvP areas like it does water. Then we could add code that makes those areas work. This probably deserves it's own thread in the appropriate forum area.
Yes, the new azone and also awater compile under windows. (awater has no new functionality, at present).

Regarding the PVP areas, I just logged into the old arena zone, and also went to the PVP arena in Freeport.

If you issue the #bestz command in the pvp part of the arena zone, it tells you you are in water. Likewise, in the pvp arena in Freeport, it tells you that you are in an unknown area, so it seems that these pvp areas are defined as special, but just not being handled correctly. I'll look into it some more.

Given that I can only pull out the special areas from S3Ds, and not EQGs. What other S3D zones have pvp areas (and where abouts in the zone are they) ?

Thanks
Old 06-21-2008, 03:50 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Halas has one, and this may help: OpenZone can create them.

I have a zone I made with one, and can give you the file.

Because, OZ will successfully create the area (recognized by the client) you might want to either look at the OZ source or (probably quicker) ask Windcatcher about it.

EDIT...

My thought on this subject, btw, is that once we can identify the area and if a player and/or target is in it, we can add code to where it checks to see if attack is allowed against another player and allow/deny it depending on if they are in it.

Probably with a rule so the serverOp can turn it on or off. This would actually be a pretty simple add-on once we can determine the PvP area and a client's position in or out of it.

Last edited by Scorpious2k; 06-21-2008 at 11:54 PM..
Old 12-27-2009, 06:01 PM
pfyon
Discordant

Wow that's awesome. I didn't think we knew how to do that.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:04 PM
trevius
Developer

Derision, you never cease to amaze! I don't know about others, but I am really excited about your work on this. Many thanks to you and Leere

If the collector tools ever get to working order again, I am sure more people will be able to start filling in SoF content. The EQGv4 zones after Titanium are mostly the outdoor zones, and IMO, many of them are some of the coolest zones EQ has ever seen. That dragonscale zone alone is amazing, and the new revamps of the old zones like Sro/Oasis and Commonlands are pretty cool too. There are a total of about 35 EQGv4 zones that come with SoF, and other than the Burried Sea ones (which are mostly too much alike each other), there are some really great and unique zones.

Here is a list of all of the EQGv4 zones as far as I know, including the short name, the long name and some brief notes I made about the zones when I first started exploring them in EQEmu:

Code:
arcstone - Arcstone - Big outdoor zone. Looks pretty nice!
atiiki - Jewel of Atiiki - Very cool tropical volcano zone with desert and a few pyramids
barren - Barren Coast - Tropical coastline with huts, a lighthouse and some islands
blacksail - Blacksail Folly - Small island with a big pirate camp
buriedsea - The Buried Sea - Sea with some islands like OOT
commonlands - Commonlands - Nice remake of east and west commons combined
cryptofshade - Crypt of Shade - Decent dungeon - Looks unfinished
deadbone - Deadbone Reef - Didn't make notes on this yet.
devastion - The Devastation - Huge outdoor desert/tundra/hills zone with cool forts and camps
direwind - Direwind Cliffs - Large outdoor zone that looks like a modern burning woods
dragonscale - Dragonscale Hills - Huge and cool outdoor zone with lots of structures and valleys
elddar - The Elddar Forest - Huge and awesome woodsy outdoor elven zone with forts
hillsofshade - Hills of Shade - Huge and cool hilly zone with a coast and shipwreck and an island
icefall - Icefall Glacier - Nice snowy mountain range area with lots of camps and caverns with chambers
innothuleb - Innothule Swamp - Looks almost just like the original accept updated
jardelshook - Jardels Hook - Cool tropical island zone with a shripwreck bar
lopingplains - Loping Plains - Very nice wooded outdoors with hills and a river. Looks like Vangaurd
maidensgrave - Maidens Grave - Island that is mostly rocks
mesa - Goru`Kar Mesa - Really cool and huge outdoor zone with valleys, caverns and a river
mistythicket - Misty Thicket - Great remake of Misty Thicket. Same exact layout just updated
monkeyrock - Monkey Rock - Another cool tropical island with watchtowers and an observatory
moors - Blightfire Moors - Nice large outdoor elven looking farmland and fields
northro - North Ro - Great large remake of North Ro
oceanoftears - Ocean Of Tears - Nice remake of OOT - Similar setup as before
redfeather - Redfeather Isle - Nice medium size island with above the ground huts
southro - South Ro - Cool remake of South Ro and Oasis combined
steamfontmts - Steamfont Mountains - Nice remake
steppes - The Steppes - Large outdoor zone with tundra, forest and ruins
suncrest - Suncrest Isle - Very cool little island with a high volcano surrounded by smoke
sunderock - Sunderock Springs - Large outdoor badlands with springs and caverns
thalassius - Thalassius, the Coral Keep - Large outdoor zone with lots of underground rooms
theater - Theater of Blood - Huge vampire looking outdoor zone with red grass and gothic castle structures
toxxulia - Toxxulia Forest - Nice remake of Tox and maybe Kerra Isle?
valdeholm - Valdeholm - Amazing medium sized icey Giant town. Definitely worth using!
zhisza - Zhisza, the Shissar Sanctuary - Valleys with paths and trees and a big pyramid with lots of hallways
I updated my Server's Wiki with these EQGv4 zones, and will probably get some screenshots of each of them up on that page soon as well.

http://stormhavenserver.com/mediawik...ets_of_Faydwer

Last edited by trevius; 12-27-2009 at 10:11 PM..
Old 12-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Very nice, Derision! I'm impressed.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:22 PM
Derision
Developer

I'm still 'prettying up' the source , however I did a test compile on Windows and have uploaded EQGV4 compatible .exes for azone2/listobj and glmodelviewer to the
download section of the SVN if anyone wants to try them out:

http://code.google.com/p/projecteqem...8.rar&can=2&q=

By default, all objects except for stuff like trees/small rocks etc, are included in the .map for EQG V4s, so you shouldn't have to bother with listobj/azone.ini etc.

Last edited by Derision; 12-30-2009 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: Updated download link to newest version
Old 12-29-2009, 04:28 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Works for me! I'll upload the maps shortly for servers who are lazy.