Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 06-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Zeice
Sarnak

Quote:
Hmmm. That's interesting. Perl is Perl. It shouldn't require compatibility...but if you are using a windows system (ActiveState Perl) it is possible that one of your modules, like DBD::Mysql, was downloaded using 5.8 and didn't get updated for 5.10. It would probably throw those types of errors. Check those and see if that is your problem. Off hand I don't know which modules it uses though.
Yep that was it. I feel a little stupid now lol. Thanks. =)
Old 06-15-2009, 08:01 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

wel If It works.. It will be good =)
We can always bug George to make a DB side spell editor for us
Old 06-15-2009, 08:01 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
The reason people like the table for editing is because it is easy to edit remotely so other devs working on the same server can all have access to edit spells if needed. Also, I am sure it wouldn't be overly complex to get a PHP webtool created at some point to allow for webpage based spell editing.
Actually, I plan on adding spell editing to the PEQ PHP editor down the road. AAs and items are ahead in the queue, however. But, the reason I like the DB over the flatfile personally is it's a hell of a lot easier and faster to edit spells using MySQL queries. I rarely use guis for anything, partly because PEQ has no gui, and partly because I am just a lot more comfortable at the prompt.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik_llewellyn View Post
This error is caused because the DBD-mysql perl module is NOT installed. I ran into this issue ever since the Nov update and could not get the import_spells.pl or export_spells.pl scripts to run. After getting around to conducting some research on it now that my time has freed up, the issue seems to be that the default PPM package availability list no longer has DBD-mysql listed as an option. The DBD-mysqlPP will NOT WORK for the sake of the spell scripts and you must install the normal DBD-mysql module. To install it, follow these steps:

1. open the Perl Package Manager
2. click the Edit menu - Preferences
3. click the Repositories tab
4. In the location box type "http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/"
5. Click Add
6. Click OK
7. Install the DBD-mysql package

OR

1. open a command line prompt
2. type "ppm install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/DBD-mysql.ppd
"
3. Press Enter

At this point, the import/export scripts will run correctly.

I tried doing this but it had no effect. It kept saying things like no PPD found at http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/. So instead I just tried ppm install DBD-mysql and it looks like the import.pl is working now