Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 04-07-2012, 05:25 AM
trevius
Developer

OK, I got it committed if anyone wants to play around with it or maybe work on some stuff. See the changelog for a few notes on how to enable VoA and also what not to do (like test in a zone empty of NPCs and don't have items in your bank).

Here is a quick list of some priorities that need to be fixed:

1. Non-Player Race Spawns
2. Item Slots
3. AAs (I think they might just be missing an opcode now because the client excepts the AA tables and they match what I see on Live).
4. Casting

I am sure there are many more, but until spawns are working, we are limited in what can be done/tested. I know Derision is the spawn struct master, so maybe he has something worked out for them already somewhere.

I may not have much time to work on this over the rest of the weekend, but I plan to figure out the item slot stuff first if I can and have time.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Derision
Developer

I've updated the spawn encode based on what ShowEQ uses. I went to several zones and none-player races seemed to spawn OK now.

Something appears to be not quite right, as players and NPCs seem smaller than they should be.

I added an extra uint32 to the EquipStruct and removed the corresponding number of bytes from the PlayerProfile.

I also fixed zoning while I was at it.

EDIT: I found I was crashing when zoning into PoK, which I narrowed down to the struct for OP_TaskActivity having changed (looks like an extra 4 bytes added).

Since the TaskActivity struct is a variable sized one and it wasn't trivial to write an encode for it in a couple of minutes, I just commented out OP_TaskDescription and OP_TaskActivity in my local copy of patch_VoA.conf.

Last edited by Derision; 04-07-2012 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: Update about OP_TaskActivity
Old 04-07-2012, 02:36 PM
gibroni
Hill Giant

so if i wanted to mess with this at all, i need to purchase VoA or just use the f2p live client?
Old 04-07-2012, 02:47 PM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibroni View Post
so if i wanted to mess with this at all, i need to purchase VoA or just use the f2p live client?
The current f2p live client.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:24 PM
trevius
Developer

Thanks Derision, that all looks really good.

I got normal item slots figured out and a function made for VoA conversion to Titanium. I still need to make the one for the other way around. I also need to add the new conversion to all encodes and decodes that need it. Though it still won't work for the new larger than 10 slot bags or the 2 new inventory slots. For those to work, it is going to take quite a few adjustments all over the source. I figure we will just need to handle all slots like live and then convert all older clients to the new system.

I will commit the slot stuff later when more of it is in place.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:33 AM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

I'm going to enable this on my server, as my wonderful testers are great at finding things and coming back with objective observations.

To make sure we're both apples(or oranges) What compiler, OS, and perl version are you using?

Currently Server'03, Express'08, and Perl 5.10

Obviously, I will have to update to 2010 to use queryserv which is being used by LFGu function.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:00 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irreverent View Post
To make sure we're both apples(or oranges) What compiler, OS, and perl version are you using?

Currently Server'03, Express'08, and Perl 5.10

Obviously, I will have to update to 2010 to use queryserv which is being used by LFGu function.
I run Linux, so that stuff isn't really relevant for me.

If you were able to compile the source in the past, you should have no trouble doing it the same way now. Though, I don't know much about what is required for queryserv other than maybe VS2010 like you mentioned. Using queryserv is optional though, if you are having troubles compiling it.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:06 AM
sorvani
Dragon

Queryserv compiles in 2008 with perl 5.12. I never tried to do it with 5.10
Old 04-17-2012, 03:58 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Queryserv compiles fine with perl 5.10 in VS2008.