Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 11-04-2004, 11:29 PM
Laviathon
Sarnak

Default Quest Generator ????

i downloaded this , it is a nice and easy way to make quests but what i am wondering is were do i put the quests .. i made up a quick one and just hit generate Values and it made a quest for a prismatic ring
when i open the quest in notepad this is what it says

Code:
#!/bin/perl
sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i) {
quest::say("Hey $name.  I am looking for a Band of Prismatic Focus.  If you can bring me one, I will reward you."); }
}
sub EVENT_ITEM {
if($itemcount{26991} == 1) {
quest::say("Much obliged.");
quest::exp(151);
}
}
the quest made a folder that said paineel so i put that folder in my C:\eqemu\quests dir .. how do i get the quest implemented ?
so people can use it ??

thank you for your time
Old 11-05-2004, 02:55 AM
schoppew
Fire Beetle

All you should have to do is type #reloadpl while on a gm account and it will load the quest without restarting the server. The npc that contains the quest is whatever the file is named. So if its 1234.pl, the npc that is npcid 1234 would respond when hailed.
Old 11-05-2004, 03:43 AM
Laviathon
Sarnak

ok i am in game now ... i put in #reloadpl and it said
Command 'reload' Not Recognized

the pl is 75078.pl
Old 11-05-2004, 04:01 AM
schoppew
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviathon
it said Command 'reload' Not Recognized

the pl is 75078.pl
If it said "reload not recognized" then you may double check that you typed #reloadpl. If it still doesnt work, just restart the server, it will pick up the quest file.

If 75078 is the NPC ID, then you just need to find the npc with that id in paineel. To see what an npc's ID is, I believe you must target the npc and type #showstats.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:10 AM
Laviathon
Sarnak

thank you for the help .. i am in paineel now and decited to do the quest generator again but use a npc i know is in game noctil saah something like that .. i used his id no. 75000 to have the quest on .. now to test it .. oh the quest asks for a sertin item i can make a mob to drop that right .. or have it fall off a rat ... if i make it fall off the rat and add the loot to it in game with the #npcloot add will it always spawn with that item ? or will i need to go into MySQL control center and edit it there ??

thanks again for the help

---------------EDIT------------------
hmm ok i picked a npc by the ID i restrted server then i went to NPC and hail him and he did nothing .. just not sure what i am doing wrong :(
Old 11-05-2004, 04:38 AM
animepimp
Dragon

When you go into that zone for the first time since restarting the server, look at the zone.exe window that loads that zone and make sure it says its loading quests and there are no error messages. If its not saying anything about quests you either have them in the wrong place or you don't have perl enabled.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:48 AM
Laviathon
Sarnak

oh crap now that you say that .. i be it is not perl enabled ( damn been working to long lol brain going numb )

yeah .. i tryed to set up the emu that is listed here http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17531

but i keep getting that dang DBLoadItems error then i read somewre to switch to 6.0 DR2 so i went to http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...group_id=88515
and got the non perl i tryed to install the perl 6.0 DR 2 but when i click on the Boot5zone.bat i got an error about there being no zone.exe .. but there is a zone.exe it is just called zoneperl.exe

any ideas on how i can fix that so i could get perl on it ... going now to figure it out
------------------edit------------------
i do have perl perl 5.8 installed i even open up comand prompt to make sure it was installed

thank you
Old 11-05-2004, 05:04 AM
animepimp
Dragon

Just rename zoneperl.exe to zone.exe or change boot5zones.bat to use zoneperl.exe.
Old 11-05-2004, 05:26 AM
Laviathon
Sarnak

sweet it works perfect thank you all

1 more question then time for me to geta perlin lol

the item that is needed for the quest can i just add it to a mob with
#lootadd or do i have to go into the DB with My SQL control center and add it to the mob that way ?

thank you for your time
Old 11-05-2004, 05:37 AM
animepimp
Dragon

#npcloot add jsut adds it to the mob you target, not the spawn so it'll only drop it that one time. You need to add it to the loot table for the mob, theres some tutorials on that around here.